• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

MDW here comes Airtran

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
ATA Fellas are good folks !! Welcome all that have come to wear the AirTran colors !!

Hey Steph... Keep em coming on the property !! Get those great folks through indoc Before the Holidays !!

The USAIR gate and ATA Gates in MSP are Torn up bigger that doo doo..?? Wonder where they'll put the flights ? Probably on E1... Holding out sucks big wind baby.

I heard only a 737 will work on the ATA gate ?? Better check it out fellas.. Im sure the accountability dept will get it straight .... LOLOOLOOL

Guys....FOs still don't make policy here at SWA. All I am saying is if there is money to made on those routes we will make a play for them. None of this is set in stone, of course...just my opinion. I guess the gates we could use in MSP would come from ATA's unused gates and/or that SunCountry terminal.
(if its still there)

I don't think we are scard of AirTran...if we were, we would just buy you guys. We kicked your A$$ in the MDW deal and will be kicking your a$$ for years to come. You guys know thats right..Face facts, baby... nobody wants to listen to Elton John all day long on XM. That what ones own ipod is for.

I too thought that ATA deal with the codeshare thing was working great. I have several friends over there and I happen to like them a lot. For the record I have several good friends over at AirTran too.

SWA/FO said:
I don't think we are scard of AirTran...if we were, we would just buy you guys. We kicked your A$$ in the MDW deal and will be kicking your a$$ for years to come. You guys know thats right..Face facts, baby... nobody wants to listen to Elton John all day long on XM. That what ones own ipod is for.

I hate it when posts turn into "my dad can beat up your dad" kind of deals. I dont think SWA is scared of Airtran, but also, I dont think that Airtran is afraid of SWA either. I think we could probably compete all day long against one another (cost wise) and not bat an eye or break a sweat. I think there is room in MDW and the rest of the United States for both of us.

May we all prosper! AIRTRAN, SWA, and ATA!!

PS. I wish the Elton John thing would go away... ::mad: there are a lot of great stations on the XM besides that lite rock or whatever... If they had asked me I would have told them to paint Motley Crue on the side :D

but they didnt :(

SWA/FO said:
Guys....FOs still don't make policy here at SWA. All I am saying is if there is money to made on those routes we will make a play for them. None of this is set in stone, of course...just my opinion. I guess the gates we could use in MSP would come from ATA's unused gates and/or that SunCountry terminal.
(if its still there)

I too thought that ATA deal with the codeshare thing was working great. I have several friends over there and I happen to like them a lot. For the record I have several good friends over at AirTran too.

You're right nobody likes listening to Elton John all day. But they sure do like listening to that MLB, ACC, Big-10 or Pack-10 game that they are not able to be in front a TV for while flying across the country. Try getting those on your ipod, bud.

Jim Smyth said:
FWIW, I flew with a former ATA pilot on my last trip. He was already furloughed when he got the call. Really a good guy and we need to hire more ATA Pilots! Anyone from the Southwest Peoples Department reading this forum? Hello.................

Thanks. Although it seems our record of getting through the interview process isn't very good....

Last edited:
mnboyev said:
ATA Fellas are good folks !! Welcome all that have come to wear the AirTran colors !!

Hey Steph... Keep em coming on the property !! Get those great folks through indoc Before the Holidays !!

Thanks for the endorsement. Now if Steph is paying attention....

Yeah, what's the deal? I had an ex-ATA guy in my new hire class at AirTran and he said out of the 44 or so ATA pilots offered preferential interviews, only 2 were hired. Sounds like SWA is missing the boat on a great group of pilots. Their loss is our gain!

I guess the gates we could use in MSP would come from ATA's unused gates and/or that SunCountry terminal.

Or quite possibly the gates that SWA is rumored to already own at the new Humphrey terminal!

It's true. SWA had no intention of hiring any ATA pilots. They offered the pref. interviews to help win the battle of Midway. As an ATA pilot I wish to hell that AirTran would have won the bid for the ATA gates. I have know doubt that they would have hired many ATA guys just as they have all along since SWA paid to protect their turf. As if ATA mngmnt hasn't f'ed their pilots enough, SWA had to jump in on the fun. When they have assurance that ATA's 8 gates will go to them, Kelly will instruct his lacky Dennison to shut the place down. Plan complete, with no objection from Daley. Out of work again.

Lots of ATA folks jumped infront of many applicants here at SWA. That is a fact.

Unfortunately, some did not interview so well. When you have had a job for so long, one tends to get out of "interview shape". Maybe some people thought they were already "in" and let their guard down during the interview or like I said before they had not interviewed in a while and it showed. The SWA plan gave ATA a fighting chance.

Latest resources

Back