• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

MDW crashpads article

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
burn the place down!!!! I'm going to BWI where I can get a real 100 hotel or better yet LAS!!!! Vegas here I come!!!!

i've heard enough. chicago is a great town with wonderful people. not just people from the north side either. the mdw neighborhood has great tradition and good people. for those of you that like to rip chicago and the east coast there's a reason why airlines don't have crew bases in your hole in the wall town, nobody lives there or wants to live there. so continue to rip a great city just know at the end of the day you're still going to have to commute there or fly through there. carry on.

The Crash pad owners just need to figure out whose palm needs to be greased...

A couple suggestions to stir up some crap:
- Have a few FAs (needs to be females) call the reporter and talk about how they don't make enough to support their family, could never afford to live in Chicago, this is the only way they can make it in their line of work... play up the sympathy angle.
- call the reporter and mention that they ought to look into the crash pads around O'Hare. Maybe they will figure out this goes on all over. (this one is risky - potential negative impact to other pilots/crew)
- start flooding the local police department or better yet - mayors office with calls about suspicious folks, possible drug dealing, whatever you might happen to see around the crash pad neighborhood. Maybe they'll get tired of it and leave you alone.
- Could also put together a "neighborhood watch" type program where all the good, law abiding Aircrew are teaming up with the local police to help combat crime. Start a positive PR campaign to combat the false negative spin these folks are currently putting on crashpads.

i've heard enough. chicago is a great town with wonderful people. not just people from the north side either. the mdw neighborhood has great tradition and good people. for those of you that like to rip chicago and the east coast there's a reason why airlines don't have crew bases in your hole in the wall town, nobody lives there or wants to live there. so continue to rip a great city just know at the end of the day you're still going to have to commute there or fly through there. carry on.

Three years of walking from the terminal to my pad "shaped" my attitude about the MDW neighborhood. It is a dump...plain and simple. If you say otherwise you have not walked that particular neighborhood. Usually the police sirens and loud car stereos drowned out the airplane noise. I know Chicago has nice neighborhoods but this place is not one of them. The presence of flight crews only serves to enhance the image of that area.

My kind of town...Chicago is...

As a lifelong chicago resident, I will tell you how the problem will be fixed. Unfortunately, in this case, the cost will be double the usual amount. Midway straddles two wards, the 23rd and the 13th. Therefore, instead of paying off one of Da Maer's minions, you have to grease da botha dem!

So if any of you know the crashpad owners, have them take up a collection and go directly with cash to theses stooges offices.

Here is Big Frank Olivio, alderman of the 13th Ward

http://www.ci.chi.il.us/city/webpor...fn.0&entityName=Ward13&entityNameEnumValue=58

And don't forget the 23rd's Alderman Zalewski

http://www.ci.chi.il.us/city/webpor...fn.0&entityName=Ward23&entityNameEnumValue=68

I really love the area, food, museums, lakefront, etc. However, the corruption has really become tiring. The worst example yet occurred last year when Interim Cook County Board President resigned. Bobbi Steele was a county commisioner, but the president at the time, Stroger, fell ill (he had a stroke that his handlers concealed until the primary was over, and then they replaced his name on the ballot with his son!!)Anyway, Steele took over as Board President for a total of four months, and then resigned completely from the board. What did she get for those four months? Her pension was going to be 85k for the rest of her life, but since she retired as president, her new pension is now $145k!!!! Guess who she put in her seat on the board after the elections and after her retirement....her son!!!!

As a lifelong chicago resident, I will tell you how the problem will be fixed. Unfortunately, in this case, the cost will be double the usual amount. Midway straddles two wards, the 23rd and the 13th. Therefore, instead of paying off one of Da Maer's minions, you have to grease da botha dem!

So if any of you know the crashpad owners, have them take up a collection and go directly with cash to theses stooges offices.

Here is Big Frank Olivio, alderman of the 13th Ward

http://www.ci.chi.il.us/city/webpor...fn.0&entityName=Ward13&entityNameEnumValue=58

And don't forget the 23rd's Alderman Zalewski

http://www.ci.chi.il.us/city/webpor...fn.0&entityName=Ward23&entityNameEnumValue=68

I really love the area, food, museums, lakefront, etc. However, the corruption has really become tiring. The worst example yet occurred last year when Interim Cook County Board President resigned. Bobbi Steele was a county commisioner, but the president at the time, Stroger, fell ill (he had a stroke that his handlers concealed until the primary was over, and then they replaced his name on the ballot with his son!!)Anyway, Steele took over as Board President for a total of four months, and then resigned completely from the board. What did she get for those four months? Her pension was going to be 85k for the rest of her life, but since she retired as president, her new pension is now $145k!!!! Guess who she put in her seat on the board after the elections and after her retirement....her son!!!!

I do not miss the corruption. I watched all this on the news, and it is just horrible how bad it really is.

Three years of walking from the terminal to my pad "shaped" my attitude about the MDW neighborhood. It is a dump...plain and simple. If you say otherwise you have not walked that particular neighborhood. Usually the police sirens and loud car stereos drowned out the airplane noise. I know Chicago has nice neighborhoods but this place is not one of them. The presence of flight crews only serves to enhance the image of that area.

Where is your crashpad tough guy? I live (and have lived) in Midway all of my life. I live at Archer & Central and the Garfield Ridge area is one of the best in the city. I don't know what area you are talking about...

If this were a house full of illegal immigrants that was being shut down, the ACLU would be all over it. For them it would be un-American to disallow the ability to live cheaply. But this is a fire hazard. If I choose to get a cheap deal, it is my fault if I burn up. I dont think I need Osama Barak to establish my rules for me. However, we are just overpaid pilots, flight attendants, rampers, and mechanics looking for a deal. Hopefully Giordano's, Flight Line, C's, and other local establishments will see the economic repercussions of this.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back