• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

MDW crashpads article

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
OK, I won't be as politically correct...that neighborhood around MDW is a dump. There are many stories about F/A's and pilots who were robbed while walking to the pad. I remember one about an F/A who was not only robbed but beaten to the point of losing some teeth. The reason people put up with this was they can't afford the gouged hotel rates from the hotels near MDW. They do away with the pads and you will see a mass exodus from MDW.

Maybe they're offended because pilots choose not to live in their Sh%thole, corrupt, violent, overtaxed icebox of a city.

The Pig.

I know the guys that run those particular crash pads and they are indeed good guys providing a service that has been severely lacking at the South side airport since its inception! Hotel space! If Daley does get away with this they are going to have an even BIGGER problem on there hands. Even if these crash pad commuters did want to now stay in a hotel (which they wont) because there crash pad may have to be shut down, where do all those commuters go? They have built very few limited hotels in the area but theres not enough rooms period. Theres barely enough hotel rooms to cover the passengers that drive in the day before there trip out of town.

Hello, McFly.........anyone home?

WTF!

I don't think that is the cities problem. That will be the swa pilots and fas. Maybe swa should buy one of the hotels and make it a dorm and price them at about 40/night. Otherwise move to base.

ORD has many crashpads all around the second stop on the train. Are they going to hit those places too? Or is it OK for the AA and United crews to have crash pads?

I'm sure what is going to happen here is to make it legal for the inspectors is to go down to a set number of beds and probably have to do hot-sheets which is gonna suck..but is still workable I guess. Or move beds out to the garage until the inspection is over. It will be pretty hard for them to police this thing

Actually, the Chicago Nazis will be going door-to-door and arresting those who partake in this ruthless business of crashpads. Along the way, they'll find numerous crack houses, which they'll bypass, because they won't even have beds in them, just matresses on the floor full of discarded needles and pipes-- these won't fit the profile of a crashpad bunkbed.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back