• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

MDA-RP transaction

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Hey CHQ pilots: those MDA pilots are trying to take food out of your families' mouths! Staple them just like you wanted to staple the Shuttle pilots!

sweptback said:
Yes, never mind the fact that some of these guys have been with USAir since some CHQ pilots have been in grade school, it's their fault for getting hired at the wrong airline. They should have seen what was coming and came to Chautauqua.

I know the prospect of getting all these shiny new jets is just making a boner pop out of your collective pants, but do you honestly think that taking half of the MDA guys and saying f--- you, and taking the other half and putting them on the bottom of your list is the right thing to do?

We have J4J guys on board now. They have been here for almost 2 years and they are a tremendous asset to our company. I know the MDA guys have been around the block, but that means b/c my company is buying their airplanes, they should come on my seniority list ahead of me and most of our pilots? Not gonna happen.

As for the "shiny new jets" (that phrase needs to stop)...we get shiny new jets every week. It doesn't excite us...I show up for work and fly where they tell me.

By the way.....eat me.

Hey I'm a little foggy....

How many furloughed mainline guys did Comair pick up? And how many of them got DOH seniority??

I just...man I can't remember.

:rolleyes:

ALPA will try to reach the best agreement for it pilots; however, it seems that currently there is no issue with CHQ for ALPA to bargain.

Perhaps you have never heard of ALPA's fragmentation policy? I realize that the teamsters have precious little insight into the history of the airline business but asset sales/fragmentations have occurred many times over in the past. "Industry practice" is what the arbitrator will go to determine the outcome of this acquisition.

DoinTime said:
"Industry practice" is what the arbitrator will go to determine the outcome of this acquisition.

This is NOT an acquisition. We're buying airplanes and gates from USAirways.

Of course CHQ guys favor a staple of both MDA and SA. Be far warned though all this stapling causes ill will and factionalism to breed amongst the pilot group. What becomes a windfall to some becomes a long held grudge to others.

Simply means next time you go into negotiations you have the makings of a disorganized pilot group. I hope that won't be the case. The profession as a whole needs CHQ guys to make sizeable gains in their next contract, especially in the 70-99 seat category...

Whats a regional? Last time I checked these airlines fly nationwide, internationally, and are now flying airplanes with 90+ passengers.

Those payrates are lousy for an airline pilot. Period.

The Boeing 717 has about 100 seats. What is AirTran's starting F/O pay for those extra 10 passengers?

Airways ALPA would F*CK anyone who came their way. Put the shoe on the other foot and you tell me what would happen. For all you out there with in opinion, theyre like a$$holes, we all got one. So dont make Airways ALPA out to be some super awesome group of nice people, because theyre not, they would f*ck us just as quick as they could. I guarantee it. Besides ALPA sucks anyways why do you guys defend them all the time. MESA's pos CBA is because of Duane Woerth. He aint worth crap.

Latest resources

Back