Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

KingAirer

USER
I read that the MDA is not happy about the job offer proposals that RP has given. What is MDA looking for, DOH base on MDA, DOH by USAir/WO list?, or something else?

Dude, that is a whole 'nother can of worms.

My best to my buds at MDA who have been gang raped too many times to count.

True, and I don't think anyone will even be flowing back to the WO's!

KingAirer said:
I read that the MDA is not happy about the job offer proposals that RP has given. What is MDA looking for, DOH base on MDA, DOH by USAir/WO list?, or something else?

ALPA wants some kind of super-seniority that is just not gonna happen. We're probably gonna take 50% of them....to the bottom of our list.

CHQ management is treating this as an asset sale. They are abiding by current J4J agreements and those aircraft will be staffed by 50% MDA people...50% CHQ people. Looks like the current MDA bases will become CHQ bases...good news for all our PIT folks.

Last edited:
StarChecker said:
ALPA wants some kind of super-seniority that is just not gonna happen. We're probably gonna take 50% of them....to the bottom of our list.

CHQ management is treating this as an asset sale. They are abiding by current J4J agreements and those aircraft will be staffed by 50% MDA people...50% CHQ people. Looks like the current MDA bases will become CHQ bases...good news for all our PIT folks.

Yes, never mind the fact that some of these guys have been with USAir since some CHQ pilots have been in grade school, it's their fault for getting hired at the wrong airline. They should have seen what was coming and came to Chautauqua.

I know the prospect of getting all these shiny new jets is just making a boner pop out of your collective pants, but do you honestly think that taking half of the MDA guys and saying f--- you, and taking the other half and putting them on the bottom of your list is the right thing to do?

Not to mention the windfall that is about to come to CHQ. they are getting 170's for United, they are getting 170's and 190's for Airways. They cant staff these aircraft without hiring a bunch of guys, But that is not good enough they want half of the jobs in the 25 lousy aircraft that are already flying and staffed. Never mind the fact that as soon as is humanly possible the Airways pilots will get away from CHQ, leaving those 25 aircraft all to CHQ as well. Yea I really feel bad for those poor CHQ pilots that will all be flying new 170's. Dont worry guys what comes around goes around.

All of this at 19 dollars an hour. For a 70 seat jet. It's enough to make me sick. (forgive me if my 19 dollars an hour rate is a little off, it's what I've read and heard)

MDA wants 100% staffing and super seniority. From what I understand they have filed a lawsuit against Airways and ALPA.

I say live by the deal you (U pilots) signed and agreed to under J4J. 32 aircraft will fall under J4J. Those will be 50% staffed by US furloughed pilots. The MDA pilots who worked at WO's don't fall into the APL list and are not included in the J4J deal. Not sure what will happen to the pilots who turned down a job offer under J4J last time around. The company/union is looking into the LOA's to see if they are obligated to offer position to pilots who turned down offers in the past.

Since when does selling aircraft to another airline constitute a transfer of jobs with the aircraft? In addition some of these aircraft might be flying for other codeshares since Doug Parker will downsize the combined fleet. I haven't read the plan filed with the BK court yesterday, but this is a posibility.

Ok, i'll take on these remarks. I have several friends that are furloughed US Airways pilots and they seem to understand these points.

1. It is an asset sale, and CHQ/RP will abide by the current J4J agreement with regards to staffing U aircraft up to 32 airframes. Past that it will require an ammended agreement by CHQ pilots via a vote.

2. MDA pilots were given a chance to join the J4J program at CHQ 2 yrs ago prior to the start of MDA. We even had several come to CHQ then leave to go to MDA. We have many still at CHQ and they would not want anyone to be aloud to come in above their seniority.

3. E190's is by no means a "done deal". It has not been negotiated
with the pilots, nor has any agreement to us (CHQ/RP/S5) even recieving any been announced. Would we like to have them on property, yes we would, but not at any expense. This will be discussed within our pilot group when and if the need arises.

4. E190 pay scale. Cpt. 1yr. 61.89--- 5yr. 74.37--- 10yr. 86.63-- 15yr. 100.87--- 20yr. 119.32 (these rates are as of OCT 1, 2005.) F/O pay scale is the same for all a/c. --- 1yr. 22.06 --- 2yr. 29.68--- 3yr. 34.15---4yr. 35.20 (rates agains as of OCT 1, 2005)

It seems no merger/aquisition is an easy task. It is up to each union to best represent its membership. We like all other work groups are not heartless, do anything to get more aircraft type pilots; however, it is the obligation of our union to look out for our best interest. It seems that the best deal is reached when all parties are unhappy about the results. ALPA will try to reach the best agreement for it pilots; however, it seems that currently there is no issue with CHQ for ALPA to bargain. RP is not owned in any part by US Airways, thus has no obligation to take the pilots along with the airframes (assets). ALPA does however have several justifiable grievances with US Airways conserning the sale of these assets. I am sure they will pursue those issues. I also understand that a lawsuit is in the works between the pilots of MDA and ALPA. I am sure more will be listed about that in the comming weeks.

I hope this helps to answer the above questions. Continue to fly safe and look out for each other!

my $.02

lear24 said:
All of this at 19 dollars an hour. For a 70 seat jet. It's enough to make me sick. (forgive me if my 19 dollars an hour rate is a little off, it's what I've read and heard)

...and how is this any different from any other 70 seat carrier? skyw, mesa, psa, asa, eagle.....all the same fo rates give or take a buck or two...

Latest resources

Back