Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
KingAirer said:
Did I ever mention Airtran??

Did you mention it yourself? No. Did your post about the 100-seat 717 quote a prior post about the AirTran pay rates? Yes. Could one then infer that you were talking about AirTran 717's? Of course. Why are you being so difficult about this? No telling.

Im not sure what youre trying to say. I am saying, that E195 rates need to be as high as B717 rates that have been established.

KingAirer said:
Im not sure what youre trying to say. I am saying, that E195 rates need to be as high as B717 rates that have been established.

I'm not debating that. All regional pay scales are inadequate.

You too, sweetie.

nimtz said:
The profession as a whole needs CHQ guys to make sizeable gains in their next contract, especially in the 70-99 seat category...

Absolutely right...those planes are here now...and those pay rates will go up.

and while learning to fly this self-proclaimed "mainline" 170/190 not only do you not get paid the first month, you get to have a roomate in tiny hotel room from indoc all the way to the checkride. nice when your roomates sim gets done at 3 AM....mainline airplane for CFI pay.

I have already submitted my next 3 votes on the contract----no, no, and no...

c-wood75 said:
and while learning to fly this self-proclaimed "mainline" 170/190 not only do you not get paid the first month, you get to have a roomate in tiny hotel room from indoc all the way to the checkride. nice when your roomates sim gets done at 3 AM....mainline airplane for CFI pay.

I have already submitted my next 3 votes on the contract----no, no, and no...

I didn't have a roommate and a few other new hires in my class didn't either. Just depends I guess. You get $500 your first month and guarantee begins after 30 days.

Last edited:
To the CHQ guys - what I would like to know is why did you give up your seniority to U pilots in J4J? Why are they sitting in the captain's seats of your airplanes now and why do you think its OK to give 1/2 the seats on these new aircraft to them? How did these airpleanes get to be a part of J4J?

Since you already gave up your seniority once (for shiny new airplanes) it is logical to assume they would expect you to do it again now (for more shiny new airplanes).

Wnen someboy plays you for a sucker one time it is not at all unusual that they expect to be able to do it again.

We shall see whether or not you let it happen for the second time.

Last edited:
Starchecker said, "Absolutely right...those planes are here now...and those pay rates will go up."

I won't hold my breath.

Not your fault of course, but the airline pilot profession is no longer what I -- or, i'd guess any of you -- expected it to be.

As pilotyip is so fond of saying, "You better fly because you love it, because if you fly for the money you'll be dissapointed"

He's absolutely right. The airline pilot profession has become a joke.

And yet people still line up for the opportunity. PT Barnum was right.

Latest resources

Back