MDA-RP transaction

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
FurloughedAgain said:
Whats a regional? Last time I checked these airlines fly nationwide, internationally, and are now flying airplanes with 90+ passengers.

Those payrates are lousy for an airline pilot. Period.

The Boeing 717 has about 100 seats. What is AirTran's starting F/O pay for those extra 10 passengers?

The E195 has 106 seats as does the 717. The lines are not blurred anymore. These airplanes are not RJs. The rates need to reflect this.

Why is it all of a sudden we're supposed to be a charity organization and give out DOH seniority like it's candy? For all the flak we're taking from the cheap seats, I seriously doubt many, if any of the other airlines, would give anybody DOH under these current circumstances. It's easy to chastize when it's happening to someone else. I guess when ALPA protects someones job or seniority (does that happen anymore?) it's a nobel move, but Heaven forbid the Chautauqua pilots with our Teamster representation do the same. When WE look out for our own, we're just selfish punks who will do anything for another new jet.
As far as the purchase of MDA planes, it is an ASSET only purchase. We have no legal or moral obligation to take pilots when this deal goes through. If Delta all of a sudden decided it wanted to buy 15 of our E-170s for their mainline fleet, do you think the top 150 Chautauqua pilots would just automatically be transfered over to Delta with their DOH? ALPA would laugh in our faces. Not even a remote chance. This situation is no different. Any issues the MDA pilots have with this deal is between them and ALPA, for letting U get away with this if it happens.
To address the comment that some of the U guys were flying while I and many others here were in grade school, yeah..probably so. What's your point? I OWE it to them to give up my seniority just because they've been around longer than me? If that's the way you feel, let them come over onto YOUR seniority list in front of YOU. After all, they deserve it, right? Maybe you could have nice warm group hugs in the crew room because you took gladly took a hit on the seniority list for a furloughed mainline driver. "Oh no, I didn't mean for it to happen to ME but it should happen to you" seems to be the standard stink of hypocrisy here. I can't even fathom that some people think we should let them come over here with their U DOH. As Traumahawk mentioned, If that is the general consensus on what we should do, then why doesn't anyone criticize Comair or ASA for not just letting the furloughed Delta boys walk right into the left seat on the CRJs with their Delta DOH, all out of the goodness of their hearts? After all, those CRJs are replacing many mainline routes which replace mainline pilots. The least that could happen is the furloughees wait it out, until they get recalled, as CRJ700 captains with good lines...you know, weekends off, holidays off, commutable schedules. Everyone cool with that?

KingAirer said:
The E195 has 106 seats as does the 717.

AirTran's 717 has 117 seats, not 106.

FurloughedAgain said:
The Boeing 717 has about 100 seats. What is AirTran's starting F/O pay for those extra 10 passengers?

The only operator of a 90-seat airplane that I'm aware of is Mesa, who have 25 CRJ900's (according to airlinepilotcentral... but I don't know if the CRJ900's at Mesa are actually configured for 90 seats). Their pay rates are just over half of the pay rates of AirTran in the 717... Or just over $20/hr less per year, if we're talking about FO rates.

And that's 27 more passengers, not 10.

Last edited:
KingAirer said:
Good for them.

Don't shoot the messenger, you're the one who said they only had 106 seats.

Send Boeing an email and tell them to update their page. Doesnt make a difference to me. There isnt a difference in an E190 and a B717 to me, and there shouldnt be a difference in pay.

KingAirer said:
Send Boeing an email and tell them to update their page. Doesnt make a difference to me. There isnt a difference in an E190 and a B717 to me, and there shouldnt be a difference in pay.

I don't need to send Boeing an email when I can go to AirTran's site and read the number the operator posts on their own page.

Again, no need to get pissy with ME, I was just pointing out your discrepancy with not a snide comment to be seen.

KingAirer said:

You can wax poetic about what should be all day, but the fact of the matter is that capitalism has gone too far. Mom and Pop companies cutting labor to the bone to enter market share isn't healthy or safe, regardless of what travelocity.com tells you.

Latest resources

Back