• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

MDA-RP transaction

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
stb"Then you call some girl (cousin) that you told your a Captain for Delta said:
If I had a dollar for every time that I've heard that exact same line used by a regional pilot, I would litterally be a millionaire! It's quite sad the watching the HUGE ego's of some of my coworkers and other regional pilots. Face reality guys, we are REGIONAL pilots flying or soon to be flying aircraft that should be at the MAINLINE and flying them for $hit wages. Regardless of how COOL you think you are because you drive a shiny new RJ, you/we are the LAUGHING STOCK of aviation.

stb said:
I'm sure your dream consists of deadheading on a mainline flight then hearing the PA, is there a pilot on board, We need one to fly the plane your our last hope.
You land the plane save everyone and the mainline CEO calls your cellphone and offers you a job on the spot.

I'ld take that job but only if I could be #1 on the seniority lists;)

DoinTime said:
Surplus, I thought you were smarter than that. What we have here is a fragmentation. Your example of UAL and EAL is bunk as EAL had been shut down and liquidated. A better example would be when Pan Am sold UAL their pacific route network. In the deal came 14 747's as well as pilots to staff them.

First of all I never mentioned UAL. "U" is USAirways, not UAL.

"Fragmentation" is an ALPA concept and one that has never been implemented in accordance with its intent. In the UAL/PanAm deal the integration was based on the good will of the UAL pilots, not on the policy. UAL also managed to hire hundreds of rEAL pilots, again due to the good will of the UAL pilots and NOT due to any ALPA policy. Yes, EAL was "liquidated" and that is exactly what is happening to MDA; it has been liquidated and Republic is buying its airplanes and a few other goodies, not the airline (which doesn't even have its own operating certificate). In fact, there is no such airline as MDA. It's just a name and it operates on the USAirways certificate. It is not a separate entity.

ALPA also has what it calls an "alter ego" policy, which is selectively applied and which has been neutered (at the request of the major airlines) so as to be completely meaningless. When the alter-ego is a "regional" ALPA actively promotes its creation in contradiction of its own alleged policy.

The MDA pilots are actually USAirways pilots. MDA operates under the USAirways certificate. If the U/MDA pilots have a "case" at all it is with America West, not CHQ/RP. There is a merger between AWA and U and that is where the U pilots should be integrated, not at Republic. When push comes to shove, I doubt you'll find the AWA pilots willing to integrate the U pilots that work for MDA if they can avoid it in any possible way. Let's see how they respond and let's see what ALPA will do for the MDA people with AWA.

I think you're about to get a full dose of reality.

c-wood75 said:
and while learning to fly this self-proclaimed "mainline" 170/190 not only do you not get paid the first month, you get to have a roomate in tiny hotel room from indoc all the way to the checkride. nice when your roomates sim gets done at 3 AM....mainline airplane for CFI pay.

I have already submitted my next 3 votes on the contract----no, no, and no...

Now weren't you just in a different thread telling us how much better life was at CHQ? Sounds like a bit of different story on this thread.

Those pay rates that were posted... was that $61.97 for the 1st 5 years as a Captain with no raise? If so... I'm making more to fly a 50 seater than you guys would get to fly the 190. Thats just wrong!

Nope. That's first year captain pay on the 190. 5 year scales on the 170/190 are 67.61 and 74.37 respectively. Where'd you hear the no raise part? Scales still suck, though.

stb said:
So Mr. Star Checker, you can have your shiny new third world country jet, walking around the airport "looking" for StarBucks wearing your dad's 1980's Top Gun Tom Cruise signature in the lense RayBans, trying to pick up women waiting to repeat Top Gun lines as," I'm Capt. Star Checker... thats right I'm dangerous." You actually bought a StarBucks cup for 25 cents three weeks ago (a new record) and drinking airplane coffee out of it while strolling the airport for "hot chicks" waiting for passengers to ask,"How do you get to baggage claim?" while handing them an airline comment card already filled out by you, about your excellent customer service.
You uniform consists of two pilot shirts with stains in the armpits and one pair of uniform pants from Wal-Mart with the iron burns on the leg and staples for heims. Not only do your socks have holes in them, they get wet because of the holes in the sides and bottom of your shoes. Your hat is 3 sizes bigger than it should be and you tuck your ears in it. (See Barney from Andy Griffen) You wear you jacket in the summer because it hides the yellow armpit stains but you dont notice the white rings under the jackets armpit.
At your overnight, you grab a big bag of peanuts, pretzels etc off the plane for dinner. Then get to your overnight at the Motel 6 and dont tip the driver. While at the Motel 6, you take the remote battery, a couple of lightbulbs then if your lucky, the maid is to busy to notice you ransacking her cart for extra shampoo, Jergans hand lotion, soap, towels, sheets and pens and paper to stock "your" shinny new jet to write down the ATIS/Clearence on your Sporty's kneeboard. The you call the Chief Pilot and tell him you stocked the plane and you will be over later in the week to cut his grass and paint his house.
In the hotel, you call the office desk and complain they dont have The Wings Channel or The Military Channel. Then call scheduling and ask to fly on your days -off while you take your logbook out and log your "Heavy Iron" jet time with that .0001 actual instrument. [ok most of us do the logbook thing for the first 6 months of turbo-prop/jet time.]
Then you get the SCAB list out and crossout the guys that turn 60. You stand in the mirror and senerio the dream of confronting a SCAB when he asks you for a jumpseat. What looks better, looking over the top of the sunglasses or pulling the sunglasses off in anger?
Then you call some girl (cousin) that you told your a Captain for Delta, American, Continental or USAirways and forgot to include Connection, Eagle or Express. You tell her how you had to take the airplane controls away from the Captain because "things werent going very well and you had to save everyones life".
Finally you lay down to go to sleep and take your sunglasses off till tommorrow next to the alarm clock.
I'm sure your dream consists of deadheading on a mainline flight then hearing the PA, is there a pilot on board, We need one to fly the plane your our last hope.
You land the plane save everyone and the mainline CEO calls your cellphone and offers you a job on the spot.
I could go on but I've spent enough time on this...

Ok one more..

Whats the difference between a good hotel and a great hotel?

Hotel supplied Jergens hand lotion

The fact that you wasted time in your life to type all that is response enough.

Enjoy that lotion.

Yea, those rates are weak! Considering a PDT 5 Year Capt. makes 56.00hr on a Dash 8 aircraft (and with the work rules does pretty well). Good luck on getting better payrates!

Bored sitting in the crashpad

StarChecker said:
The fact that you wasted time in your life to type all that is response enough.
Enjoy that lotion.

I'm sure I was atleast 70% correct.
Your mother and I did enjoy the lotion.
Tell her I'll call her later.

stb said:
I'm sure I was atleast 70% correct.
Your mother and I did enjoy the lotion.
Tell her I'll call her later.

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ....:rolleyes:

Latest resources

Back