Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

FurloughedAgain

Cabin Heating & Air Tech.
Found the following on USAviation.com. Good luck guys.

"MDA pilots filed 100 page complaint against USAIRWAYS, AMERICA WEST, REPUBLIC HOLDINGS, WEXFORD CAPITAL, and ALPA"

Last edited:
There's a 9 page thread over on USAviation.com about this very subject.

Apparently some clown named Chip (who happens to be running for ALPA rep at the LaGuardia crewbase) is now threatening the MidAtlantic pilots with a countersuit!!!

According to an MidAtlantic...er, I mean junior US Airways pilot... he has also distributed the names of the 270 pilots in the suit on a private message board called "Pilotaction.com", a personal blacklist of some sort.

It is an interesting thread and, I believe, an accurate model of what is doubtless the most disfunctional, disunified pilot group in the industry.

With respect to their junior pilots, a few US Airways pilots have apparently adopted a new motto: "I've got mine. Screw you"

Last edited:
BenderGonzales said:
Apparently some clown named Chip (who happens to be running for ALPA rep at the LaGuardia crewbase) is now threatening the MidAtlantic pilots with a countersuit!!!

Chip is an idiot.

Agreed.

The problem is in Herndon Virginia at a desk currently occupied by Duane Woerth. As long as ALPA continues down the road of enouraging the creation of competing alter ego airlines within the same brand, there will continue to be wars between the alter ego pilots who each feels an entitlement to the flying.

The answer is a union that fights for one list within the brand.

No more preferred airlines, no more "jets for jobs," no more predatory scope.

Duane Woerth's signature is on all of these contracts - he, and those who believe that there should be "preferred" pilots who are given special rights and representation over other pilots simply must go. If they are not marginalized, our union will be marginalized.

The NWA70 deal being negotiated as I write this will also end up in litigation - mark my words. This is not the way our union should be going.

~~~^~~~

~~~^~~~ said:
The answer is a union that fights for one list within the brand.

just curious Fins, but how would you achieve on list within a brand? Do you really think ALPA could force a single list at Delta for example? You guys are not owned by Delta anymore, Skywest is non union, CHQ I don't think is even ALPA.

Should it have been that way long ago? Yes. But I really don't see how you accomplish it now.

Latest resources

Back