• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

MDA guys!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Thanks for justifying my choice. Do you understand why your pilot group has a bad reputation in this industry?

No I don't understand....but I sure with your vast amount of knowledge you can inform me so I'm no longer ignorant about it!!

You don't have enough time to even get an interview with CHQ so quit whinning about it.

A "Noob" is a newbie, green horn, grass hopper.....LOL

DrewBlows said:
Thanks for justifying my choice. Do you understand why your pilot group has a bad reputation in this industry?

OH, sorry...Do we?

Why did you need justification?

Rotten apples are everywhere. Even in the land of pay freezes and whatnot, (I keed, I keed) Surely you know this or will soon.

Good Luck Fellow WM Aviator.

Listen guys, this is just my personal thinking and drive behind my stand and what I want from this mess. I don't care what you or airways or what bidford or the judge calls the deal. A sale, auction, transfer, hell I don't give a crapola if they auction the planes on Ebay, But these executives (within U or CHQ or anyother airline or industry for that matter) have to start taking responsibility for the results of their actions.

Fine, they want to sell, then they need to be responsible for the harm they cause the employees (Pilots or whoever) that are the ones out there making the show run. So when you sell a division all accompaning employees go with all accrued benifits because if you guys out there on the other side of the fence think this will be the last time this happens, well you've got another thing (or rusty shaft) comming.

How long do you CHQ guys think it might be before BB says, "hey my CHQ/Rep guys are getting like 10 plus years senority and its costing me too much. Lets get Wex to start a new subsidary and transfer all the 190's over there. We will call it a sale and offer your exp and trained guys jobs but they will have to start over again"? Laugh, scoff, push it aside, think its too far down the road for you 26 year old mind to comprehend, even come back at me with "our conrtact says..... and our scope language this and that". Well boys BB has already done it once (Saab guys post 911) and its been done at other places and its happening to us now. Maybe each case isn't exactly the same but each time it smells of the same crap.

Here is something else, when is it going to end? You guys (and I'm not just talking to CHQ guys) may think "just get me past this MDA thing then it will settle down". Then here comes Delta, there looking like they may be in big trouble, bizz plan for them may call for replacing many of their MD-80's with 170's flown by CHQ because Mama Delta aint got no $$ for planes. 'Yeppe, yahoo more airplanes and flying for us" you say, but now your looking down the barrell of DAL ALPA pushing another 500 pilots your way in order for you to have permission to fly thoes new planes. See what i'm getting at?

Another thing, something that needs to be pointed out. Once there was this airline out of TTN then PNE called Ransome. He flew ALG commuter then Pan AM. In 87 Pan Am offered Ransome lots of money for his airline (mainly for the gate space inJFK from what I understand). When he finally sold his 115 or so pilot got DOH with Pan Am which is was JD insisted on. He was Pilots pilot and I'm proud to have known him. We need more guys like him running the show out there.

LearLove said:
Listen guys, this is just my personal thinking and drive behind my stand and what I want from this mess. I don't care what you or airways or what bidford or the judge calls the deal. A sale, auction, transfer, hell I don't give a crapola if they auction the planes on Ebay, But these executives (within U or CHQ or anyother airline or industry for that matter) have to start taking responsibility for the results of their actions.

Fine, they want to sell, then they need to be responsible for the harm they cause the employees (Pilots or whoever) that are the ones out there making the show run. So when you sell a division all accompaning employees go with all accrued benifits because if you guys out there on the other side of the fence think this will be the last time this happens, well you've got another thing (or rusty shaft) comming.

How long do you CHQ guys think it might be before BB says, "hey my CHQ/Rep guys are getting like 10 plus years senority and its costing me too much. Lets get Wex to start a new subsidary and transfer all the 190's over there. We will call it a sale and offer your exp and trained guys jobs but they will have to start over again"? Laugh, scoff, push it aside, think its too far down the road for you 26 year old mind to comprehend, even come back at me with "our conrtact says..... and our scope language this and that". Well boys BB has already done it once (Saab guys post 911) and its been done at other places and its happening to us now. Maybe each case isn't exactly the same but each time it smells of the same crap.

Here is something else, when is it going to end? You guys (and I'm not just talking to CHQ guys) may think "just get me past this MDA thing then it will settle down". Then here comes Delta, there looking like they may be in big trouble, bizz plan for them may call for replacing many of their MD-80's with 170's flown by CHQ because Mama Delta aint got no $$ for planes. 'Yeppe, yahoo more airplanes and flying for us" you say, but now your looking down the barrell of DAL ALPA pushing another 500 pilots your way in order for you to have permission to fly thoes new planes. See what i'm getting at?

Try this! Reread his post, but instead use the voice of a 6 year old crying kid that just got beat up on the playground. Pretty funny!

Lear,

Are you going to swallow your pride and "lower" yourself to fly with us? I feel for all the MDA guys but you. I have not forgot you are/were the most negative/anti CHQ pilot on here.
What good is it for you MDA guys not to take the job with 50% of the seats? Why not take the job and fight your fight with USAIR & ALPA why you are flying the line? If you lose that "change of control" fight, you still have a job.

You guys @ MDA want to point the fingers @ RP. You guys willingly went aboard a sinking ship (MDA). We simply voted to accept 1/2 of the USAIR pilots in exchange for aircraft. People claimed we took it in the A55 for this. Maybe, maybe not. Looks like we got the best of both worlds on this deal. We got the planes and only 8 pilots to go with them. Pretty good deal for us, a royal screw by USAIR for you (MDA).

So my main question again is: Why not take the job why you/ALPA fights USAIR?

Last edited:
"You guys willingly went aboard a sinking ship."

I'm getting real tired of listening to you folks criticize the decision we made in 1999 to accept employment by a major airline that was hiring over 100 pilots per month and taking delivery of a new Airbus every week.

Monday morning quarterbacks?

Latest resources

Back