MD80 Falcon Air Express PFT Lives!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

timetoquit

A friend of mine forwarded this email he recieved from a PFT outfit. I was shocked what I read! An utter disgrace to our profession!

Thank you for your interest in our MD-80 crewmember posting. Falcon Air Express has requested that we identify and train qualified candidates for possible positions as First Officers on the MD-80. Based on a review of your resume, we have determined that you do qualify for this program. Below you will find a description of how this program works.

As stated above, Aeroservice identifies potential candidates for this program. Candidates are then “Pre-Qualified” with Falcon Air Express. If you are “Pre-Qualified” you may enroll into the program. Candidates are responsible for their own training costs as well as the costs associated with your fingerprinting, background and other necessary checks.

Class will begin on Friday May 6th.

This program is divided into two phases. The first phase consists of your Background check, Ground School and the Oral on the MD-80. If your performance in Phase 1 is satisfactory you will be given an interim interview. Assuming that everything goes well in this phase you will then begin phase 2 which will consist of the remainder of the training.

The tuition for Phase 1 is $2,000.00 plus the cost of the required background check and drug testing.

The tuition for Phase 2 is $9,600.00

The program details are as follows:

MD-80 Type Rating Course
80 hours ground school
16 hours CPT (part of ground school)
15 hours Level “C” simulator training
2 hours pre oral
1 hour oral
3 hours checkride
Course manuals
Tuition Investment: $11,600

Success in this program is solely based on your performance during the course and during the final interview. Enrolling in this program does not guarantee you employment with Falcon Air Express. Over the duration of the course you will be evaluated and will be granted a final interview once your type rating checkride has been completed. If the outcome of your interview is not satisfactory you will be placed into a pool for either future consideration by Falcon Air Express or one of our other MD-80 customers.

This is an FAR 121 course and you will be considered a “non-compensated” employee of Falcon Air Express for the duration of your training. As a “non-compensated” employee of Falcon Air Express you are not entitled to any of the employee benefits offered by the company. You are considered an enrolled student of Aeroservice Aviation Center and your enrollment agreement will be between you and Aeroservice Aviation Center.

Attached please find the enrollment form for Aeroservice as well as the Credit Card Authorization form. Please complete the enrollment form and return it to me along with a copy of your pilot certificates, medical and passport or drivers license. Once I receive your enrollment form along with your tuition deposit of $1,500, I will reserve your seat in the class, schedule your program and send you the course manuals.

Here is a link to the hotel page on our website: http://aeroservice.com/hotelinfo.asp

Once you have made your travel plans please let me know the date and the hotel that you have selected. Once I receive this information we will make your hotel reservations for you.

If you would like to verify any of the information in this letter please feel free to contact Capt. Juan Paz at Falcon Air Express at: (305) 592-5672 x 123.

Should you have any questions or need any additional information, please contact me directly at (800) 752-7467, (305) 871-5557 or via e-mail at: [email protected].

Sincerely,

Steven J. Daun
Aeroservice Aviation Center, LLC

"DANGER WILL ROBINSON, DANGER, DANGER!!!!!"

These Bozos' are trainer brokers at best. At worst they're probably criminals like the ATA pilot who started a flight school in Punta Gorda, Florida and then ran off with the students' money. We need to string these guy's up from oak trees.

The sad thing is there are probably a million morons lining up to cut a check...

timetoquit said:
If you would like to verify any of the information in this letter please feel free to contact Capt. Juan Paz at Falcon Air Express at: (305) 592-5672 x 123.

Should you have any questions or need any additional information, please contact me directly at (800) 752-7467, (305) 871-5557 or via e-mail at: [email="[email protected]."][email protected][/email].

Well....there's a few phone numbers to call and tell them what scum they really are.....not that I recommend that... :rolleyes:

Worth a try

I went to Aeroservice and enrolled in a similar program for another airline. I have 425 hours and was facing working as a flight instructor or buying into one of those expensive time building programs. I called Aeroservice and they gave me another option. They told me that this was not a guarantee for a job. The end result of the program was - if I was successful in the course I earned the job.

I was skeptical at first but then met with the people down there and spoke with the airlines chief pilot. Both were up front with me about how the program worked. Bottom line is that I had to prove myself and they would give me the opportunity.

My interview and background check took place before I even laid out a dime. I was accepted and finished my course last month. I am now flying as an FE on a 727.

They later told me that the reason many of these airlines want us to pay for our training is so they can see how we perform in class. It also saves them a lot of money in the initial cost of training. I guess there is something to that because I have since found out that Southwest makes you come in with your type rating before they will hire you.

My experience at Aeroservice was great. Everyone got involved with my training and always encouraged me.

Congrats

Congrats Airracer,
You successfully managed to sell the profession out for your own personal aspirations. Way to go!
Maybe one day you can be a captain on a 747 by crossing a picket line. I'm sure the CP will be real nice to you, and wish you all the best.

Hey, here's a novel idea. Why don't you pay your dues like everyone else does, flight instruct, and when you're competitive apply for positions where THE COMPANY pays for the training. What a concept! If that's too hard for you, then why did you decide to get into this profession?

I be gone.

To all the hipocrites posting... This is essentially the same as SWA pft 737 type requirement. There is no shortage of fools willing to pay. No matter how you spin it, pft with SWA or any scumbag outfit for that matter is digusting. This allows for the stupid or the low time rich kids to fill what would have been decent seats.

Sorry willard,

Yep, this stupid foolish man took a loan out for a 737 type and now I work for this scumbag outfit with 28 years left to have to endure the disgrace I has imposed on my fellow professional bretheren. I will hold my head in shame as I fly around in canyon blue and deposit those lousy paychecks twice a month for the next 28 years. I apoligize to all, especially to willard, and promise to shed a tear every time I push from the gate.

Do you people ever learn?

airracer vbmenu_register("postmenu_623050", true);

Aircraft Experience: DC-8, B-737, B-747
Flight Experience: Civilian
Ratings: ATP, Type on DC8, 737, 747
Total Time: 4800

Latest resources

Back