MD80 Falcon Air Express PFT Lives!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
You guys are out of line

My next door neighbor enrolled at our local community college to become a fire fighter. He paid for his own training and is now saving lives. Is he a sell out? My Flight Instructor paid for his own training to become a CFI, is that a sell out? Why is it that pilots have a hard time with this concept? It seems logical that if a person wants a job they enroll at a school, undergo the appropriate training and then earn a job. Where is it written that this is wrong? Where is it written that this is an entitlement?

I say that you guys are out of line and I am now embarrassed to have joined your ranks. How dare you call me a “sell out.” At what point in a pilots career does one become so negative and critical of others. Maybe this is the reason that “old bold pilots” are no longer wanted or respected. You guys give aviation a black eye.

LOL. Labbats, you beat me to it.:D

labbats said:
Do you people ever learn?

airracer vbmenu_register("postmenu_623050", true);

Aircraft Experience: DC-8, B-737, B-747
Flight Experience: Civilian
Ratings: ATP, Type on DC8, 737, 747
Total Time: 4800

I can't say I agree with PFT...but it is a VALID point that SWA makes you PFT. And yes...everybody is in line to be on that TV show..er I mean fly for them. Intersting, eh.

AZ Typed said:
I can't say I agree with PFT...but it is a VALID point that SWA makes you PFT. And yes...everybody is in line to be on that TV show..er I mean fly for them. Intersting, eh.

Unless you have previous 737 experience and a type rating from another company.

TELL US ABOUT YOUR 747 EXPERINCES AIRRACER........ WHERE DID YOU GET TYPED ON IT? MY 2 YEAR OLD NEEDS A GOOD LAUGH, (btw HE KNOWS HOW TO PUSH THE THROTTLE UP ON FLIGHT SIM 2000, HE LIKES THE WAY THE 747-400 HANDLES THE BEST....... ) SHOULD HE START POSTING HERE BETWEEN POTTY TRAINING? :)

Southwest is most certainly NOT pay for training, no matter how much you want to throw that accusation around. SOuthwest has high prerequesites for a job to including a type rating in the 737. However, they spend the EXACT same amount training you that they would have to spend otherwise. You aren't paying any of southwest's expenses. And that 737 type rating I got at another airline is just fine for southwest.

What Airracer did was WRONG.

WIllard was wrong as well.

A professional pilot is PAID. That is the hallmark of being a professional. He does not PAY TO DO THE JOB. That is the hallmark of a hobbiest.

CHeers
Wino

PS. I don't fly for Southwest, nor do I have any particular desire to. I am jsut setting the record strait.

Amen Wino!
I'll Drink To That.........

Captzaahlie said:
Amen Wino!
I'll Drink To That.........

mILK tHAT IS..........

$11K to train at Aeroservice for maybe a job with a scumbag Miami operator? It would be cheaper to buy a job at SWA (around $6K I think), then you would at least be working for a decent company.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back