• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

MD-88 added to the regional aircraft category

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
What's all this about crap pay at the regionals?
I make well over six figures anually flying the so-called "Barbie jet", and I'm real happy. And I bet I've got a heck of a lot more hours than many at mainline. But then, I've only been flying for 30 years, so I probably have to build some more experience if I were ever to expect to become a true "professional" at the majors.
Then I will be able to miss lots of radio calls, taxi the wrong way at will, and of course land on taxiway mike in ATL if I feel like it.

Add me to the 6 figure list. These guys at the so called "majors" are just jealous that we actually do make a nice living. They jumped ship from the regionals looking for greener pastures and found out that it wasn't as green as they hoped.

I just heard that "The General" has a gender confusion situation, a serious mental problem. The word is he is having the "op" soon. That's why he got so worked up in this thread when someone mentioned his boyfriend. I tell you, they're mad, all mad!

Last edited:
Wow guys... 30 years in and you have made it to Delta FO pay. Heck the 10 year guys at the lowly tranny clear your salary by august... sorry, you were all so proud of your inability to move past ASA. Remember you either failed the interview, don't like money, never got the interview, or are lazy.

I'm sure in your world it is... I had a good schedule so I decided to turn FedEx down, Delta had too long of an upgrade, I knew United was going to furlough, UPS flys behind the clock, etc... play on players!

I was going to write an angry, rambling discourse on how "the palm" is a junior-grade windup artist and that if you think he's being sincere, I've got a bridge in New York to sell you.

Then I saw bacardi's avatar, and forgot what I was going to say.

I just heard that "The General" has a gender confusion situation, a serious mental problem. The word is he is having the "op" soon. That's why he got so worked up in this thread when someone mentioned his boyfriend. I tell you, they're mad, all mad!

Wait, the funny part is that you are still at ASA. Have you applied for your Air Mekong position yet? Doesn't that mean "Mesa Air" in Vietnamese? I bet it does. And when you get out there in Nam, I bet you will be watching out for all the cute guys, and maybe wolf down a bunch of Vietnamese Egg rolls, just the way YOU like it (according to your buddy Hairy Palm).

Bye Bye--General Lee

I don't know whether to laugh or frown at some of you guys here.

When I flew the ATR-72...I NEVER said I flew the 'seven two'. When some of you kids say you fly 'the nine'...it's a varient model number, NOT the main type. CRJ-200, 700, 900, 1000...ect.

That'd be like any 757-300 driver saying..."I fly the '300". Or 'the three' WTF.

Sooo, what do you clowns say when you fly the -200..."I fly the 'two'" ?

There is only one "nine"...only one Maddog, only one whale, only one ATRah...ect.

...and of course, only one "Barbie Jet"...along with Jungle Jets from Brazil.

For the record...I like commuting on the maddog because the isles are wide and I can roll all my crap down...73, 75, 320...no go. About an inch or two too narrow. But, it'll fit down the isle of the E190...go figure.

oh god...I can't believe I even joined this ridiculous argument...I knew I should've stayed on the bar stool...

Latest resources

Back