• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

MugsyMalone

Here is a news clip.

"
Delta Air Lines is adding new seasonal flights from San Antonio International Airport to Cancun, Mexico.
The airline is offering the flights on Feb. 19, 2011. Delta will offer the flights on a MD-88 aircraft. The regional plane will have 14 seats in First Class and 128 seats in Economy. Ticket sales for the new Cancun flights will begin Saturday, Aug. 21 via delta.com and other ticketing channels.
Flight 521 will depart San Antonio on Saturdays at 7:45 a.m. The plane will arrive in Cancun at 10:05 a.m. Flight 570 will depart Cancun on Saturdays at 10:55 a.m. and arrive back in San Antonio at 1:30 p.m.
Atlanta-based Delta (NYSE: DAL) provides service to 367 destinations in 65 countries on six continents. Delta offers more than 13,000 daily flights.

I just rode in the back of an MD88 and I swear it was less comfortable than an RJ. Sure there was plenty of room in the overhead for my bag, but my legs.....not so much.

who gives a F*ck what they call it... call it a municipal Jet... all that matters is what does it pay and what is my schedule...

I just rode in the back of an MD88 and I swear it was less comfortable than an RJ. Sure there was plenty of room in the overhead for my bag, but my legs.....not so much.

People keep on saying things like this but I love riding in them. I think they are better then the 737 but maybe i'm missing something.

Who cares how it rides, what does it pay? Now there's what really matters.

DC-9 series was built specifically as a regional type jet. Luckily the idea of alter ego cut rate feeders paying starvation pay, had not been invented yet

DC-9 series was built specifically as a regional type jet. Luckily the idea of alter ego cut rate feeders paying starvation pay, had not been invented yet

They were after deregulation.

Hey I wonder if the Md80 is a regional jet then what's a CRJ? A county jet? ASA pilots, if they had the MD80 and CRJ9 at same rates, which would you fly? The 9 because it's longer or the other "9" because it's cooler?

Latest resources

Back