• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

MD-88 added to the regional aircraft category

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Probably an trolling attempt by you, but feel free to compare paychecks with the DC-9 pilots thats certainly more important than "size" issues. The mainline pilots have a right to be concerned, pilots of similar sized aircraft are so willing to accept horrible pay

Agreed!!! Sad state of the industry.

Hey junior,
You'd be in a world of hurt if you ever had the chance to fly a plane with no buttons to push like on your shiny Barbie jet. Remember, you're not a pilot on that thing, only a passenger.

You're probably one of those idiots who turn their shoulder boards backwards to indicate that they fly a bigger barbie jet. hahahaha

Funny, but the word I hear from the training department is that the old timers that used to fly those complicated DC9's have the most trouble flying those easy CRJ's. Hmmmm.....

And I actually wear 3 sets of FO shoulder boards to indicate that I fly the 9.

You can wear as many as you want, still doesn't change the fact that you get paid peanuts to fly your almighty "9". You guys crack me up. Aviators?? hahahaha

Funny, but the word I hear from the training department is that the old timers that used to fly those complicated DC9's have the most trouble flying those easy CRJ's. Hmmmm.....

I wear three sets of shoulder boards...and keep an extra set in my flight bag. Just in case. I mean, really, you never know.

CLEAR!!!!

Hell, Douglas isn't even in business anymore. Why? Because they built pieces of crap like the DC9.

Pieces of crap? If my memory is right, some DC9s have been in service since the mid 1960s. That about 50 years of service with countless cycles. If you ask me, that's one hell of an aircraft.

I guess the CRJ pilots can start to brag in 2040 or so. Until then, I wouldn't call "the 9" a piece of crap.

There's an aging aircraft program in place because the -9 has enough promise and utility to make it worthwhile. The aging aircraft program for the CRJ-900 will be ferry flights to the recycling yard... Where they'll live on as natural light cans.

People keep on saying things like this but I love riding in them. I think they are better then the 737 but maybe i'm missing something.

I agree!! The DL MD-88's are far more comfortable than the CAL 73's. It my commute plane of choice.

RJ's make me puke.. I've flown em I hate em and then I've flown the nice version of the "9". Great airplane the 900...piece of $ hit. And by the way the regionals will not be flying them at the new UNITED.

What's all this about crap pay at the regionals?
I make well over six figures anually flying the so-called "Barbie jet", and I'm real happy. And I bet I've got a heck of a lot more hours than many at mainline. But then, I've only been flying for 30 years, so I probably have to build some more experience if I were ever to expect to become a true "professional" at the majors.
Then I will be able to miss lots of radio calls, taxi the wrong way at will, and of course land on taxiway mike in ATL if I feel like it.

Latest resources

Back