• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

MD-11 hard landing @ MEX

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I have flown the 3 Big Douglas's the DC-8,DC-10 and the MD-11. Of the 3 they all had their quirks, but the DC-10 of the 3 flys the best. I have never flown a Boeing product but from what everyone says it will be a pleasure. I am looking forward to flying something designed by engineers that liked pilots or at least act like they do. I will say this for the Douglas product though. They are all built like a brick sh*t house. Through the wall and out the other side.

I have flown the 3 Big Douglas's the DC-8,DC-10 and the MD-11. Of the 3 they all had their quirks, but the DC-10 of the 3 flys the best. I have never flown a Boeing product but from what everyone says it will be a pleasure. I am looking forward to flying something designed by engineers that liked pilots or at least act like they do. I will say this for the Douglas product though. They are all built like a brick sh*t house. Through the wall and out the other side.

DC-4, 6, and 7 were built that way too.

That's why there are still DC-6's, (a few)-7's, -8's and -9's out there. Never got to fly any of them sadly though I did get to play in a -6 simulator.

I've never flown the L-1011 or the Electra but I've never heard anything but praise for them. Lockheed did seem to design planes that pilots liked-maybe one of the reason that they are out of the passenger plane business!

The Big Boeing rules the roost though...what a wonderful machine!

I've never flown the L-1011 or the Electra but I've never heard anything but praise for them.

well, being a former P-3 guy, I agree that it flew like an pilot's airplane but I think you stretch your argument too far. probably one of the reasons you've never flown an Electra is because it was a failure as a commercial airliner. having 2 of them come apart in flight (no survivors) due to harmonic waves is not the way to start a long career as a passenger airplane. they fixed it but it still had some 'interesting' characteristics. fugoid mode anyone?

p.s. interesting side fact. the British maritime patrol plane, the Nimrod, was based on a failed British airilner. the Comet. which also had 2 (?) midair breakups. (squarish windows w/o enough reinforcement for the stress risers created. I guess it really was a misunderstanding of the rigors of higher altitude flight and the pressurization problems. easy to say 50 years later). another failed airliner = another maritime patrol workhorse.

So GSXR600, is that a "personal" avatar or off the net somewhere? Inquiring minds wanna know.
looks like a very nice ride....
not the scooter, i already have one of those :p

Well it didn't take Centurion long to ding one up

GetAttachment.aspx

Latest resources

Back