Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

McKinley suggests F-18 for ANG, C-27J out..

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
As we near the end of the year, we have seen many post that smack of stunning ignorance and at times, simple stupidity. There have been many that have neared the top of the heap...but as we close the year, we have one that may beat them all. And this quote is it.

Anyone who has served in the USAF should find this both personally and professionally offensive.

As for the OP, I think some Hornets in the AF would be cool.

Haywood's posts reek of DaveGriffin. For someone that just joined the forum 6 days ago (about the time I ignored him), I'd have to say it's more than coincidence. Anyone that honestly thinks that, has never worked with the Air Force, or seen them work in combat. At least not recently.

Last edited:
The Air FOrce had C-27s until the late 1990s at Howard in Panama. Even though every other service wanted them the Air Force didn't and they used the excuse of pulling out of Panama to get rid of them. Now there is a proven need and the Air Force wants their toy back.

Give the C-27 to the Army. They will appreciate them and know how to use them.

Haywood's posts reek of DaveGriffin. For someone that just joined the forum 6 days ago (about the time I ignored him), I'd have to say it's more than coincidence. Anyone that honestly thinks that, has never worked with the Air Force, or seen them work in combat. At least not recently.

Bite me. Go back to your thread on which service's "Fighter Jocks" are less GAY!

That was witty...

You better hope they don't cut the internet connection in your mom's basement...what would you do over the holidays?

Haywood's posts reek of DaveGriffin. For someone that just joined the forum 6 days ago (about the time I ignored him), I'd have to say it's more than coincidence.

Wow. You beat me to the punch. First thing came to my mind. I don't know about anyone else, but I think you're pretty durn smart, Sig!!!!;)

The Air FOrce had C-27s until the late 1990s at Howard in Panama. Even though every other service wanted them the Air Force didn't and they used the excuse of pulling out of Panama to get rid of them. Now there is a proven need and the Air Force wants their toy back.

Give the C-27 to the Army. They will appreciate them and know how to use them.

The C-27s in Panama were 'A' models. The Air Force had Chrysler doing contract maitenance support for them. They beat the crap out of those airplanes and then complained about their reliability.

The Army is buying J model C-27s. They are really pretty good. Since most of the C-27s will be in the Amy Guard, the Air Force will never be able to muster the political power to take them away. In fact, this is part of the reason that the president sh!t canned the AF secretary and that sack of sh!t Mosely. "Thanks for playing. Go clean out your desk!"

Except to try and screw up the Army, I guarantee that the Air Force doesn't want them back. The Army validated a requirement for 75 airplanes. The Air Force vadlidated the requirement for zero airplanes.

Last edited:
Block 6x Vipers would be the best bet. Line is still open. A "land based" Super Hornet would require a whole new airplane, although with about a 5000 # diet to shed all the bulk of carrier aviation, it would be a sweet ride.

Northrop had an F-18L in the 80s proposal they were trying to get buyers for, it was a F/A-18A without any carrier gear.

Latest resources

Back