Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

CaravanMan

Drop eet like eet's hot
What's the deal with the spotlights at McDonalds? Climbing outta ICT tonight there were lots of spotlights around the city and every one of them was on a McDonalds. A coworker said he's seen them in other cities too. Any idea what they're for, or what they're promoting? I saw they have new commercials out for their new chicken sandwiches, they actually look pretty good.

They are marketing to their target audience.. pilots. Advertising for lunch and dinner (since they know its all we can afford). Once they have grabbed our attention with the spotlight, they try to hire us at competitive wages when we stop by for a "feeding".

RJPilott said:
They are marketing to their target audience.. pilots. Advertising for lunch and dinner (since they know its all we can afford). Once they have grabbed our attention with the spotlight, they try to hire us at competitive wages when we stop by for a "feeding".

LOL!!! :)

RJPilott said:

Hahaha! Niiiiiiice! :D

Believe it or not ... it works...

There have been many times on approach i have seen those lights, only to recognize the famous golden arches right next to them, Of course as soon as i get in the van, i ask the driver to stop by the Mickey D's for a Quarter pounder on the way to the hotel. Once we get there, they see my stripes and ask me to fill out an application. After being harrassed to work the grill time after time, i learned to tell the driver to go through the drive-thru. However, now they are getting clever and sending out a parking lot "sweeper" any time the see what looks like a crew van and "accidentally" drop applications inside the windows. If they miss that opportunity, we tend to get an application in our drive-thru bags. They are getting smart about it. They know we are reliable, we dont do drugs, and have clean backgrounds. Most applications include wages and benefits. I gotta say... its tempting... Benefits that beat most any airline.

Oh... i almost forgot. The wages offered are comparable if not better. You wont have to worry about applying for food stamps cause you wont qualify (unlike at most regionals). 100% paid health benefits. And the best part, you get to take home anything and everything at the end of the night. Free Food!

Like i said.. its tempting. But i wont do it. I still like to tell chicks im a pilot no matter how much i make. Its all about the poon, the classy stripes, the shiny wings, and the schweeeet jet.....

Kream926 said:
^^ please tell me you're joking?

Well... you got me....

Im not very reliable... i do like a bong hit every now and then... and my background looks "kinda" clean....

but the rest is pretty much accurate...

it's still finny as sh*t.......

glad to see some pilots with a sence of humor

at least you're having fun

Latest resources

Back