• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

McCaskill-Bond Seniority Integration Legislation

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
GK is a smart man and WN is a very smart and shrewd Company. I'm certain they have done their homework and know what they need to make this work in the best interest of Southwest Airlines.

I'm sure GK is a smart and shrewd man, and I'm sure he will make this work in the best interest of Southwest Airlines, but that may not necessarily be in the best interest of SWAPA.

Best road forward is for FAPA and SWAPA to work this out between themselves, get a negotiated list, arbitrated if need be and a JCBA before DCC.

Gary will give SWAPA the TA that they want if SWAPA decides to play nice with FAPA. SWA is shrewdly playing both sides.

Way back when there was this Texas operation, I can't remember the name, but they operated MD-80's.

SWA bought that outfit because it was operating between Houston and Dallas and a few other important SWA cities. SWA bought the outfit and shut it down and laid off all the employees.

It has been done before and it could happen again. SWA could gain control of gates and assets for a Chapter 11 price. You can buy market share with a fare war or you can buy it from a distressed competitor. American did this with TWA.

It is probably less expensive in the long run to buy Frontier, shut it down, and take the gates and other unencumbered assets and now SWA will have a major presence in Denver with only one weaker competitor, United.

I could happen, I hope it doesn't but it could.

Whew...flying into main hub airports, rejected TAs, money losing quarters, high labor costs and now a merger with potential SLI problems.

SWA sounds more like a legacy every day...welcome to the club...here's your sign....

Nu

No kidding! It definitely isn't Herb's airline any more!

Latest resources

Back