• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

McCain's son an airline pilot?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I am sure he spent all those years in that POW camp thinking man how can I make this pay for me politically. He could have taken the early release and probably made Admiral still given his Father and his Grandfathers pull in the organization.

That quote was from Ross Perot, not me. Ross has known the McCains since his picking up of Carol McCains medical bills after her accident in 1969 while John was a prisoner. I think he is much better suited to judge John than any of us and that comment was a result of a lifetime of experience with him.

The guy isn't perfect, but he has made a lot more right decisions then wrong ones.

Unfortunately, the same can be said for most people.

That quote was from Ross Perot, not me.

Did Al Gore feed him that information through an ear piece or did it come from the Black Panther/NVA hit squads? While Perot is a brilliant businessman and arguably the most successful third party candidate since TR, he is still nonetheless mad as a hatter.

Unfortunately, the same can be said for most people.

Start listing for Obama then. When I look at his bad decisions Rezko, Wright, Ayers, Emil Jones, etc. and weigh it against his good judgment (nothing I can think of) the scales are exactly even.

Did Al Gore feed him that information through an ear piece or did it come from the Black Panther/NVA hit squads?

Is your whole life a conspiracy?

Start listing for Obama then. When I look at his bad decisions Rezko, Wright, Ayers, Emil Jones, etc. and weigh it against his good judgment (nothing I can think of) the scales are exactly even.

Rezco - How about you let the justice system take a look at the situation before you tighten the rope around Obama's neck?

Wright - Maybe you assume the position of the right hand for your spiritual leader's will but there is no indication that Obama has. Your 30 second news clips leave with little insight as to the man who Rev. Wright is (or once was). I have no issue with the Rev. Wright situation and I was glad to see Obama distance himself from him once he went off the deep end and started reaching for more and more air time.

Ayers - Obama received a $200 campaign contribution from Ayers and they served in the same Chicago activist group that fights poverty. You may not believe that Ayers is a good guy, nor may anyone else, but there is no link to these two people at all. Obama was eight years old when Ayers was a part of the "weatherman's group." Where do you get this stuff?

Emil Jones - I'm not that familiar with this yet so whats your issue?

Cindy also has had a problem with the prescription medications. Maybe that's why Rush Gasbag likes her so much.

And what is with McCain losing 3 aircraft before ever getting to combat and still keeping his wings??? Must be nice to have an admiral for a daddy.

Since the dawn of time and certainly since the dawn of this country the 10% has ruled the 90%. I don't see why every election cycle Democrats like to suggest it was once somehow otherwise. Obama lives in a multi-million dollar house (which he got a break on thanks to a convicted felon), his wife makes $300k in essentially a lobbyist position , etc. He isn't in the top 10%, he is in the top 1% same as McCain.

The difference is that John McCain got his bones broken and stood up to the test. While some may not think that counts for much it matters to me. You vote for the guy who associates with Bill Ayers, Jemimah Wright, etc. I will vote for the guy who had a free ride home and stayed because it was what honor demanded.

So what is with Torture?

McCain was against it for obvious reasons... but flip flop later and he is for it.....

You like that out gov't tortures? Is that who we are? Our tax money pays to torture?

Our tax money also goes to pay Shaniqua for having her twelfth kid. Neither of which I am particularly proud of.

Is your whole life a conspiracy?

No but Ross Perot's is those comments would be attributed to him.

Rezco - How about you let the justice system take a look at the situation before you tighten the rope around Obama's neck?

I didn't put a noose around his neck. I said he exercised extremely bad judgment in his dealing with a now convicted felon. Obama himself classifies it as a "boneheaded" mistake.

I have no issue with the Rev. Wright situation and I was glad to see Obama distance himself from him once he went off the deep end and started reaching for more and more air time.

If you have no issue with the situation why would you be glad that is his "distancing" himself from Wright? Wright was the focus of his writings and Obama has continually cited him (and still cites him) as a driving influence in shaping his life. I don't see anything positive in the Rev Wright camp. Oprah quit going to the church in the early 90's because of Wrights radical views. The idea that somehow he just went off the deep end or was making "a play for airtime" isn't supported by his long list of comments (over several years).

Ayers - Obama received a $200 campaign contribution from Ayers and they served in the same Chicago activist group that fights poverty. You may not believe that Ayers is a good guy, nor may anyone else, but there is no link to these two people at all. Obama was eight years old when Ayers was a part of the "weatherman's group." Where do you get this stuff?

Obama launched his first campaign from Ayers house. They have a long relationship together. Bill Ayers lead a terrorist movement which killed people and sought to bring down the US government by violent means. He has not repented or apologized for his actions (committed when Obama was 8). In fact in a recent clarification on his blog to address his 9/11 interview comments where he said he was sorry he didn't do more (i.e. blow more things up) he still speaks with no remorse. When the act was committed isn't relevant, the question is do you hang out with and draw support from an unrepentant terrorist?

Emil Jones - I'm not that familiar with this yet so whats your issue?

President of the Illinois Senate and Barak's mentor. Feel free to research on him.

So what is with Torture?

He supported Bush's veto which contains the same language as McCain's 2005 legislation, namely protecting CIA Agents and allowing them to use techniques listed in the Army Field Manual.

The Army Field Manual said:
prohibits the use of force during interrogation. Among the techniques it forbids, in addition to waterboarding, are beatings, burns and electric shock; use of extreme heat; use of dogs; mock executions; forced nudity or sexual acts; hooding or taping a prisoner's eyes; prolonged sleep deprivation; and denial of needed food, water or medical care."

I see no change of position in regards to torture. I could though have missed something. One thing that is nice about McCain is that he has a long public voting record.

Latest resources

Back