• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

McCain's son an airline pilot?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
That was the thought process of the founding fathers which is why we have the electoral college and a representative form of government.

Agreed.

However with more citizens going to college and access to information 24/7, hence the ability to be educated.

With transportation not a problem and access to polls for everyone, the founding fathers concerns are no longer...

So, since we CAN be responsible, educated and informed citizens... SHOULD we be?

Or should we just hand over power, control and wealth to a select few hope they keep the other 90% in mind?

Politics aside, I keep seeing all these "Cindy McCain is hot, Sarah Palin is hot" responses.

Do you guys not get out very much?

Mccain/Palin here !!!!!!!!!!!!

Real man that has actually fought for us...and a record you can review..Obama has never showed up--when he did in IL he voted over 160 times present=there was not a no or yes vote=just present...great judgement ....??????? No Hussein in the white house!!!!!!!!!!!!

oh yeah, making the guy's name a factor is really pertinent and intelligent of you. :rolleyes:

cut down on the Fox News Channel and maybe your brain will be switched back on.

Mccain/Palin here !!!!!!!!!!!!

Real man that has actually fought for us...and a record you can review..Obama has never showed up--when he did in IL he voted over 160 times present=there was not a no or yes vote=just present...great judgement ....??????? No Hussein in the white house!!!!!!!!!!!!

He's not gonna change anything that way. The only thing he's done in four years as a senator is write two books... about himself! He hasn't written, introduced or helped to write any legislation. If he's really about changed he would've actually participated in changing something at some point in his political career. The only thing he's managed to change is his own office, and the only thing he's planning on changing if he's elected is our tax rate- for the worse.

Or should we just hand over power, control and wealth to a select few hope they keep the other 90% in mind?

Since the dawn of time and certainly since the dawn of this country the 10% has ruled the 90%. I don't see why every election cycle Democrats like to suggest it was once somehow otherwise. Obama lives in a multi-million dollar house (which he got a break on thanks to a convicted felon), his wife makes $300k in essentially a lobbyist position , etc. He isn't in the top 10%, he is in the top 1% same as McCain.

The difference is that John McCain got his bones broken and stood up to the test. While some may not think that counts for much it matters to me. You vote for the guy who associates with Bill Ayers, Jemimah Wright, etc. I will vote for the guy who had a free ride home and stayed because it was what honor demanded.

I think O'Bama is a nice guy, smart, honest, capable, the kind of guy that you'd like as a neighbor or a coworker. But President of the United States? That's above his pay grade.

Plus, my mama can beat up yo Obama.

The difference is that John McCain got his bones broken and stood up to the test.

Are you kidding me? McCain dumped his poor, crippled wife and mother of his children in 1980 (the same women who stood by him during his navy and POW years) for a young, pretty, rich, and well connected woman.

The only reason anyone knows who John McCain is because he wiped his feet on the woman who loved him so he could obtain riches, power,and notoriety the easy way.....marry into it!

‘McCain is the classic opportunist. He’s always reaching for attention and glory.’

- Ross Perot

Are you kidding me? McCain dumped his poor, crippled wife and mother of his children in 1980 (the same women who stood by him during his navy and POW years) for a young, pretty, rich, and well connected woman.

And if you read anything about that he is pretty forward in regards to his selfishness wrecking his marriage. While she did stand by him during those years he changed as a result of them and moved on. They are friends with each other today and his adopted son (from her first marriage) is the subject of this thread.

Lot's of guys come back from war a changed person. Lot's of guys don't come back at all.

McCain is the classic opportunist. He’s always reaching for attention and glory.’

I am sure he spent all those years in that POW camp thinking man how can I make this pay for me politically. He could have taken the early release and probably made Admiral still given his Father and his Grandfathers pull in the organization. The guy isn't perfect, but he has made a lot more right decisions then wrong ones.

Union Does Not Pay My Bills
No, ALPA likes to remind you. "The Company signs the check, ALPA fills out the ammount!"

Never figured out why ALPA has been so proud to point out that they fill out checks for near poverty levels.

Latest resources

Back