• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

McCain's son an airline pilot?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Its clear that Obama is better for this industry but why do you make the assumption that Obama is bad for the country? Please elaborate.

Every war that has ever been fought in Afghanistan has had to be "walked away from" at one point or another. Read up on how well the Soviet Union did in Afghanistan in recent history. Lasting peace and democracy has never prevailed in that part of the world. How much money do we pump into a lost cause?

Certainly.

Obama is a first-term senator who spent the first 2 years saying he was not going to run for another office (I believe his words were something like “and honor my commitment to the people of IL”) and then spent the last 2 running for another office. He spent a lot of time in IL politics (I lived there and it stinks) and seems buddy-buddy with Boss Daley. On the national/international level, he's done....what? I think he's a pretty present to the dems who loathe GWB. The packaging is pretty (he is a good speaker and very charismatic), but the box is empty. To me, he comes across as pompous and deceiving. His Germany visit and his smoking (in an FDR wheelchair kind of way) are two examples of this. McCain has a temper. It’s a known fact. Is it bad? I bet McCain’s reaction to Tanzania and Kenya in August 1998 wouldn’t have been a few cruise missiles. Obama’s comments about Iran and Iraq defy logic. He gets guidance on the future of Iraq from unnamed military advisors and then blows off Patreaus -- the expert.

I sincerely believe that stability in Iraq and the Middle East will quell the escalating uncertainty in the US economy and energy prices. Fixing Iraq will help fix our economy.
On the second point, the Afghans stopped the Soviets with US aid. It was a US-USSR proxy war. The Soviets had free reign over Afghanistan because of air support for their ground forces. We gave the Mujahadin the Stinger, and the Hinds started to fall. The problem we face in Afghanistan is the opium trade. There is no “bad money” over there.
This is just my opinion (insert punch line here), and I certainly don’t have all the answers. I just feel that McCain is the right person to get our country back on track.

Certainly.

Obama is a first-term senator who spent the first 2 years saying he was not going to run for another office (I believe his words were something like “and honor my commitment to the people of IL”) and then spent the last 2 running for another office. He spent a lot of time in IL politics (I lived there and it stinks) and seems buddy-buddy with Boss Daley. On the national/international level, he's done....what? I think he's a pretty present to the dems who loathe GWB. The packaging is pretty (he is a good speaker and very charismatic), but the box is empty. To me, he comes across as pompous and deceiving. His Germany visit and his smoking (in an FDR wheelchair kind of way) are two examples of this. McCain has a temper. It’s a known fact. Is it bad? I bet McCain’s reaction to Tanzania and Kenya in August 1998 wouldn’t have been a few cruise missiles. Obama’s comments about Iran and Iraq defy logic. He gets guidance on the future of Iraq from unnamed military advisors and then blows off Patreaus -- the expert.

I sincerely believe that stability in Iraq and the Middle East will quell the escalating uncertainty in the US economy and energy prices. Fixing Iraq will help fix our economy.
On the second point, the Afghans stopped the Soviets with US aid. It was a US-USSR proxy war. The Soviets had free reign over Afghanistan because of air support for their ground forces. We gave the Mujahadin the Stinger, and the Hinds started to fall. The problem we face in Afghanistan is the opium trade. There is no “bad money” over there.
This is just my opinion (insert punch line here), and I certainly don’t have all the answers. I just feel that McCain is the right person to get our country back on track.

I'm sorry.. After reading this I almost threw up in my lap. You are right, there is somewhat of a cloud of mystery around Obama because he is "new to Washington". With McCain you know what he is about..The same ol republican/Bush tactics that put us in the predicament that the country is in. Voting with Bush 90% of the time!!! Remember the old saying? Looks like a duck, walks like a duck, talks like a duck...So It has to be a duck.

I watched some of his speech at the RNC. He did not lay out a plan on how he was going to fix things. If he couldn't beat Bush the last two times..That alone should say something. My deal is, if the same tired tactics this government is using are not working.. Then it is time for a CHANGE. And thats what Obama represents. He HAS the ability to inspire folks at home and abroad. He may be a little inexperience. But, he has displayed that he can surround himself with smart people and make good judgement when needed.This is what this country needs to rally itself out of the SLUMP the Bush/Republicans put us in. He can not fix this country alone. Thats why he has asked the American people to rally behind him and help fix Washinton.

It amazes me how a lot of people are willing to vote against their best interest.

I challenge your assumptions.

Is democracy the ideal? Our founding fathers despised democracy, favoring a constitutional republic. Pure democracy is mob rule, hardly civil and hardly fair. A constitutional republic favors the rule of law, not perfect but the best system the world has seen so far.

Similar to one passenger saying to another "Are you fearful to fly on airplanes?" Only to get such a reply: "We are not on an airplane, we are on a Boeing 737-500.

"Our govt services and products..." I challenge your assumption that the government "owns" any products or services. Our constitution provides for the regulation of interstate commerce and for a common defense, but I keep looking and nowhere can I find it providing for a common retirement, education, healthcare, food, housing, etc. etc. etc.

And of police, fire, EMS, voter registrar offices? There are many facets of the public domain that must remain so... to remove the democratic principles is UN American. To hand them over to corporations so that they may make a profit only yields elitism and exclusion.

Just as history has shown that our Constitution is the best one that mankind has yet devised, it has also shown that the fair application of a free market is the world's best system for creating the most wealth for the most citizens. I'm no rocket scientist, but just look around the world at different economic models that have been tried.

Keynesian economics is much better and provides for a better distribution of wealth for most citizens. What you are describing is laissez fare or Friedmanism economics, which is the privatization of the state.

Furthermore, history has shown that the U.S. government is the world's worst system for actually providing anything beyond what was originally intended in the constitution. Can you provide me with one example to the contrary?

The police and fire department.

I say that Jefferson had things right, and that Marx had things wrong. Too bad our government schools (I rest my case) don't teach the application of more history and logic.

Jefferson rejected the Central Bank and multi tiered credit system. One could argue that the IMF and World Bank are quite the same but for global economies whereas the FedReserve is the US central bank. The IMF and World Bank are too influenced by US foreign and/or economic policy...

Marxism is bad yes... but so is extreme capitalism, corny capitalism or disaster capitalism. They are all meant to take advantage of the average citizen, exploit him/her and line the pockets of a select few. In order to do this democracy or specifically for your needs, constitutional republic (or representative republic) must be eradicated. That is, for example, what the Patriot Act is all about...

reference

Consumed by Barber

and

Shock Doctrine by Klein

I'm sorry.. After reading this I almost threw up in my lap.

Did you have the fish? :nuts:

With McCain you know what he is about..The same ol republican/Bush tactics that put us in the predicament that the country is in. Voting with Bush 90% of the time!!! Remember the old saying? Looks like a duck, walks like a duck, talks like a duck...So It has to be a duck.

I cannot agree with this. Candidates go to the extremes to get the nomination and back to the center to get the job. McCain's true colors were seen in 2000, and I think we'll see them again over the next 2 months.

There is a reason politics is one of two topics not mentioned in the flight deck. :bomb:

McCain's true colors were seen in 2000, and I think we'll see them again over the next 2 months.

Considering that McCain could not even beat out a lame duck such as GWB (a man who had even less experience in national politics than Obama) in the 2000 primaries, what does that say about him?

Considering that McCain could not even beat out a lame duck such as GWB (a man who had even less experience in national politics than Obama) in the 2000 primaries, what does that say about him?

Ummm.....One had a better 'PR' staff than the other?

Combined with the unethical and slime of Karl Rove which evangelical Christians love by the way...

"Hey, he maybe evil......but he is OUR evil architect"

Latest resources

Back