• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

McCain's son an airline pilot?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
He supported Bush's veto which contains the same language as McCain's 2005 legislation, namely protecting CIA Agents and allowing them to use techniques listed in the Army Field Manual.

Private contractors are doing the interrogations... not the army... the CIA has its own manual...

This isn't the 1950s.... although the CIA perfected it torture technigues on unwilling victims

I see no change of position in regards to torture. I could though have missed something. One thing that is nice about McCain is that he has a long public voting record.

The US is using torture in Iraq to control the population and push fear amongst the common Iraqi citizen.

Why are we in Iraq? To serve a Corporate agenda. The insurgency are out of work Iraq men who are angry for the US who bring in foreign workers to do jobs Iraqis had and want to do....

Pissed off angry Arab men get militant... to control the militancy the US tortures. When the US dumps a body back into its neighborhood everyone who knows the person tortured gets the message loud and clear....

McCain votes with Bush 90% of the time...

http://science.howstuffworks.com/torture-manual1.htm

http://www.scribd.com/doc/487663/CIAKubarkTorture-Manual

Private contractors are doing the interrogations... not the army... the CIA has its own manual...

This isn't the 1950s.... although the CIA perfected it torture technigues on unwilling victims

What does this have to do with John McCain's legislation or his position on Bush's veto? Your comments both above and below do not indicate any evidence which shows McCain advocating torture or reversing his position on it.

The US is using torture in Iraq to control the population and push fear amongst the common Iraqi citizen.

Why are we in Iraq? To serve a Corporate agenda. The insurgency are out of work Iraq men who are angry for the US who bring in foreign workers to do jobs Iraqis had and want to do....

Pissed off angry Arab men get militant... to control the militancy the US tortures. When the US dumps a body back into its neighborhood everyone who knows the person tortured gets the message loud and clear....

Again nothing to do with McCain's position on torture.

McCain votes with Bush 90% of the time...

The VP gets a vote when the Senate is tied, the President does not get a vote. Given they are both from the same party one would expect McCain to generally support the President's agenda with his vote. There though are several instances (Gang of 14 being one) where McCain has gone of the reservation an angered the GOP. It would though be a real example of a bi-partisan effort to make the Senate work.

Mccain/Palin here !!!!!!!!!!!!

Real man that has actually fought for us...and a record you can review..Obama has never showed up--when he did in IL he voted over 160 times present=there was not a no or yes vote=just present...great judgement ....??????? No Hussein in the white house!!!!!!!!!!!!

Once again Scarlet is sooooo smart.......Those votes are routinely posted when in the Illinois senate.....But wait you Mean Obama has experience in addition to community organizing? The answer is yes he has been either a state or federal senator for the past 13 years......

Of course how can you beat Palin - I mean she is what this country needs she was raised Pentacostal and routinely speaks in tounges and believes the second coming is on its way so why shoud we worry about little things like global warming or our dependence on foreign oil.

What does this have to do with John McCain's legislation or his position on Bush's veto? Your comments both above and below do not indicate any evidence which shows McCain advocating torture or reversing his position on it.

My post was to show you weren't up tp speed on the issue...

How about this:

"The field manual, a public document written for military use, is not always directly translatable to use by intelligence officers," McCain explained in February, reiterating his position from 2005. He added that the CIA should be allowed to use "alternative interrogation techniques," that are not otherwise outlawed as unduly coercive, cruel, inhumane or degrading. McCain has not publicly described the techniques that he believes fall into that category.
Some human rights observers say McCain's latest position is best explained as a symptom of exhaustion at fighting an Administration that has continuously resisted efforts to clearly outlaw practices like waterboarding. "I don't believe John McCain is comfortable with the current CIA program," said Tom Malinowski, the advocacy director for Human Rights Watch, who has worked closely with McCain and his staff on these issues. "I think McCain just reached a point where he didn't want any more confrontations with the White House. He wanted to win the White House."

Again nothing to do with McCain's position on torture.

Problem is... the practice is so intrenched that when/if McCain becomes POTUS... will it stop?

Will the private contractors who are getting paid with US Tax payers dollars going to stop?

The VP gets a vote when the Senate is tied, the President does not get a vote. Given they are both from the same party one would expect McCain to generally support the President's agenda with his vote. There though are several instances (Gang of 14 being one) where McCain has gone of the reservation an angered the GOP. It would though be a real example of a bi-partisan effort to make the Senate work.

The point is he will continue the policies...

My post was to show you weren't up tp speed on the issue...

The issue was you claimed McCain flip flopped and advocates the US torturing people. I have cited evidence this is untrue and asked you to put forth something to support your position. You put forward nothing showing a McCain reversal just a bunch of your own self commentary.

How about this:

This "I think McCain just reached a point where he didn't want any more confrontations with the White House. He wanted to win the White House." would be Tim Malinowski's opinion. It isn't anything more. McCain said waterboarding is torture, it is banned, he supports it being banned. Please show me where he has reversed his position to allow torture?

Problem is... the practice is so intrenched that when/if McCain becomes POTUS... will it stop?

Three people have been waterboarded. Aside from that particular technique I am not aware of any other purported torture methods being used. Perhaps you could show some news articles describing the victims and the methods used.

The point is he will continue the policies...

I think McCain will continue a lot of Bush's policies which is one of the things which makes him attractive. But one thing he won't do is support torture as you claim he does.

The answer is yes he has been either a state or federal senator for the past 13 years.....

He was elected to the Illinois State Senate in 1997. By even the new math they are teaching in school today I don't think that makes 13 years.

The issue was you claimed McCain flip flopped and advocates the US torturing people. I have cited evidence this is untrue and asked you to put forth something to support your position. You put forward nothing showing a McCain reversal just a bunch of your own self commentary.

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/02/17/us/politics/17torture.html?ref=politics

Copy that... I'll change flip flop to soften up his stance..

This "I think McCain just reached a point where he didn't want any more confrontations with the White House. He wanted to win the White House." would be Tim Malinowski's opinion. It isn't anything more. McCain said waterboarding is torture, it is banned, he supports it being banned. Please show me where he has reversed his position to allow torture?

McCain softened up is stance against it... I'll stand corrected..

Three people have been waterboarded. Aside from that particular technique I am not aware of any other purported torture methods being used. Perhaps you could show some news articles describing the victims and the methods used.

Three people... Do you know thier names!

I think McCain will continue a lot of Bush's policies which is one of the things which makes him attractive. But one thing he won't do is support torture as you claim he does.

I hope your right... but I doubt it...

Are you for real? I knew you were a wacko union advocate but I had no clue you were a far left crazy.

Do you really believe what you just wrote? Please enlighten us with some proof that the US tortures and dumps bodies in neighborhoods to send a message. do you know anything about the middle east and its problems?

Latest resources

Back