MCBA thoughts

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Imissmypilot

My first thoughts on thumbing through the mcba (I'll start a new thread for discussion) is that this looks like a huge win for the Flops team. However I am flummoxed by the huge pay disparity between the fixed schedules and the PBS. When calculated the daily rates are hundred or more apart. That makes no sense. I was hoping to transition to a fixed and there is no way in hell I'd do that now. It's just one more lopsided advantage to the Red Label crews. Know your schedule months in advance, get all holidays off and still make $200 more a day than me.

What jumped out as your very first impressions?

- - - Updated - - -

Overnight Flops guys got huge pay raises, gained twice as much pto, won parking.

Flex guys got a small bump in overall perdiem, lost pay if going to a fixed, and gained some additional preferred crew bases as related to bidding only.

What jumped out as your very first impressions?

- - - Updated - - -

Overnight Flops guys got huge pay raises, gained twice as much pto, won parking.

Flex guys got a small bump in overall perdiem, lost pay if going to a fixed, and gained some additional preferred crew bases as related to bidding only.

I need to dig into the detail, but first impression I'm disappointed with some stuff but overall I'm ok with it. We kept things the company was trying to take away (overtime, parking) and we didn't slide backwards in pay or schedules like many had feared. Section 6 is going to be a long road.

Company and arbitrator screwed us

Like I said in the other thread I think it's important to track what the union offered to us as their proposals and the final mcba. If there was anything fair or "arbitrated" about this contract than the company must have tried to really **** us over.

If the company does not feel they tried to **** us over than the discrepancies are just more proof toward collusion since it would appear they received a moderated result.

While I am currently still pissed at the union my first glance is this is a PR nightmare for the company, even with Red Label pilots, especially those on the waiting list.

Geeesh. This thing is crazy.

- - - Updated - - -

I need to dig into the detail, but first impression I'm disappointed with some stuff but overall I'm ok with it. We kept things the company was trying to take away (overtime, parking) and we didn't slide backwards in pay or schedules like many had feared. Section 6 is going to be a long road.

I beg to differ on the schedules. Sure we kept PBS but more than half of us will be forced to a fixed bid and lose wild amounts of pay.

PBS only matters if you can keep it. Sorry friend but you and I are both to junior now to not be screwed (if we can maintain Captain status which I doubt we can) but as FO's our PBS desire is safe.

What is the huge pay raise for FO?

On the new ISL you guys will now dominate on the PBS. That's at least 100 more per day and then some.

Guys like me will end up forced to fixed and lose significant amounts of pay but I'm not in a place to run all my numbers.

I agree that fixed schedule appears to be a pay cut. But can you be forced onto it? I'm gettting a headache reading the scheduling section. It says the company can offer fixed to up to 25% of the pilots in a seat. 19.3a2 says "there shall be no involuntary assignments to the 7/7". (What about the 8/7?). So is being forced into fixed a concern? Do you see where that is spelled out?

I might have been wrong on part of this. If you are a regular captain line pilot flying a red label airplane, you'll earn red label pay if the red label captain you are flying with is junior to you. But if you're just with a regular FO you'll get your normal rate. 27.9a

challenger 300 captains will get red label pay when they fly on a red label airplane. Plus a three percent raise in January (why only a raise in that one fleet?). Everyone gets a one time bonus in January. otherwise pay looks the same?

It jumps around but the way I'm reading it by January essentially all CL30 captains will be red label due to fleet transition and new acquisition. It looks like the company wanted to secure the loyalty of the sycophants and punish everyone else.

Section 19 implies Red Label pilots can only crew Red Label airplanes. Oops

Additionally, 19.8 implies we get home in 13.59 or we get an extra day of pay. I know it was typos that make it this way but it is what it is. Looks like JW ****ed up when he wrote it. Additionally, it looks like there is no exclusion on pay for your credited day after a 1200 arrival on your first day. So if your airline gets you in after 14:01, decline, reschedule and get 3 days of pay for their mistake. Oh **** uncle will not be happy. Last days should be what they should be for the first time in years.

Latest resources

Back