• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
What can I say?

Deuce130 said:
Most homos do.

Just kidding!! Some of my best friends are Talon II pilots.

The Talon II and the Shadow are like apples and oranges. They are both AFSOC assets, but the T-II has a lot more toys and is fun to play with.

Pilots going into either weapon system will have a good time though.

Goose17

MC-130P Posers

Deuce and Goose,

What the heck do you know......don't believe a word they say, they are just a couple of Posers.....they just fly trash at night.

I know where you live!

Laughing_Jakal said:
Deuce and Goose,

What the heck do you know......don't believe a word they say, they are just a couple of Posers.....they just fly trash at night.

Ahh the memories, but you are correct sir. I am now a night trash hauler.

Back to studying the Airbus...

Goose17

Awesome information. The person at the Cal guard I talked to said that new copilots fly 300 hrs a year as a bum. That seemed low what are AD newbies getting?

psysicx said:
Awesome information. The person at the Cal guard I talked to said that new copilots fly 300 hrs a year as a bum. That seemed low what are AD newbies getting?

Not that much normally. The stateside MC-130P unit Copilots get around 250 hrs/yr in peacetime. My first year overseas, I got 400. Of course, one 90 day deployment (figure twice a year these days) will get you around 150 to 200 hours. So, depending on how much you deploy, you could get to the 300 hour mark.

Of course...I had more fun shooting crap! I remember us sitting alert in the war...and we flew on 50% of them. The poor HC b__tards sat alert 90% of the time and flew off that - about - what...0% of the time?

Alert wasn't so bad...except when some hotshot flew over the camp at 200'. Who would do such a thing?

Ahem. :)

Last edited:
too funny

I vaguely remember the same thing on one deployment. We night flyers/day sleepers were growing tired of the fighter guys making a ruckus during the day when we were trying to sleep. Our answer - we did a pass on the camp sometime around 1 or 2 in the morning low enough to wake them all.

Memories...

Goose17

Questions

psysicx said:
300 hrs seems low. Is that because its Specops?

Dude, what gives? Do you try to make a question for every post or what? You must be a fountain of knowledge with all the questions you ask.

slacker said:
Dude, what gives? Do you try to make a question for every post or what? You must be a fountain of knowledge with all the questions you ask.
Why are you asking questions about people asking question? :)
Fountain? I would think Plethora of Knowledge would sound cooler.

BTW my low pass joke was a private joke. Lets just say someone on THIS post got the base CC pissed and he banned our tac arrivals. I slept thru it but guys in the shower tent said they thought the plane was going to crash into the tent city. :)

Latest resources

Back