May you pushback without a "fuel slip"?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Beetle007

Just curious how many airlines (if any) allow you to pushback before recieving an electronic or radio "fuel slip".

I know some pilots who say you aren't allowed to pushback until you have recieved your fuel numbers via radio or hard copy. Why can't you just compare your fuel guages to the release fuel? Then verify that the fuel slip (radio or electornic) matches during taxi out.

Why is fuel any different than recieving your weight + balance after pushback (radio or electronic.)

At JB, we usually get a fuel upload number in gallons....We compare this to our calculated upload. The calculation is outbound fuel minus inbound fuel in pounds converted to gallons.

It is NOT required. It is a gross upload fuel check and it keeps the fuel gauges honest.

A350

At my former employer we didn't get a fuel slip...if FOB (according to the fuel gauges) = RAMP FUEL you were/are good to go. Also, on the bus why do they load the fuel in pounds then give the uplift in gallons.

How many airlines push without the PIC signing the logbook and making sure that there are no open write ups?

I used this to help (not mine--thanks DM):
AIRPLANE, LOGBOOK, TIME, PINS and GAS those are the things that will bite my a$$

Last edited:
At TWA it was an absolute sin to push without the "M80" (fuel slip). Then we go over the fence at AA and it's "just trust the gauges"!

At FL, f they give us a slip from the fuelers at it goes straight in the trash.

Heyas,

At NW, you get the fuel slip in gallons, convert it to pounds, add it to what the airplane came in with, and that's what should be on the gauges.

It's a nice double check, and makes sure the fueler actually pumped in the airplane what they bill the company for.

It's a no-go item unless you're at one of the stations with electronic fuel slips.

Nu

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back