Marquis/NetJets

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

fracman

Just curious - I've heard conflicting information on how Marquis trips are dispatched Part 91 or Part 135. Can anyone confirm one way or another?

i had several marquis trips in the bbj in 2002. supposed to be 135, but the "magic wand" was waved over the computer and abrcadabra! - the trips became 91! (the bbj wasn't 135 certified until the end of 2002)

My understanding is ALL Marquis flights have to be Part 135
due to the fact that they are under a somewhat confusing "sub-let" share arangement. (The BBJ exception is the first I've heard otherwise). I have flown a handful and they were all 135.

yes, marquis trips are SUPPOSED to be 135. however, just wait until you get an f/o that isn't 135 current, or maybe you aren't. think they'll reposition another crew? NO! the magic wand will be waved over the computer and the trip magically becomes an "A" (admin) or "QD" (demo) part 91 trip! i know for a fact we've flown marquis 91 many times - i've had it done myself and kept the paperwork - just in case. like i said above - the bbj wasn't 135 until december 2002 - how did marquis do all those bbj trips to the january 2002 superbowl???

....Yes, marquis trips are SUPPOSED to be 135. however, just wait until you get an f/o that isn't 135 current, or maybe you aren't. think they'll reposition another crew? NO! the magic wand will be waved over the computer and the trip magically becomes an "A" (admin) or "QD" (demo) part 91 trip! [/B]

Yes, now that you mention it, I did have a mysterious
"demo flight" once. Now I see what you mean....

Interesting. This is from the Marquis web site:

"Flights based upon any fractional interest which entitles the cardholder to less than 50 hours per year of occupied flight time will be flown by NetJets on the NetJets fleet under its FAR Part 135 certificate."

Since Marquis sells 25 hour shares - shouldn't all the flights be dispatched under Part 135?

That is right, but the majic wand is all powerful.

Don't confess to crimes on a website fellas. Keep it in house and fix what is broke.

Be safe.

Wonder if the magic wand will fix a suspended ticket? I'd be filling out a NASA report every time they asked me to fly a Marquis "owner" under Part 91.

Latest resources

Back