• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Many Midwest flights aren't Midwest at all

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
All the Midwest pilots would have to do is agree to the draconian cuts that management wants for a contract equal to Republic (which is basically no contract) and they would be flying the E jets and would probably start recalling pilots. Even the furloughed guys arre saying "screw that" so you Repubic pukes go ahead and enjoy slicing your own throat 'cause that's what you're doing.

wrong. even if the yx guys agreed to the cuts, there's only one way they'd be flying those 170's. midwest would have to aquire them. i'm fairly certain midwest doesn't have the financial wherewithal to start picking up the tab for airplanes.

If the Republic pilots' union had any balls at all, they would stage some kind of work action against this.

if you had any common sense you'd know that neither the republic group nor the midwest group can legally take any kind of work action.

wrong. even if the yx guys agreed to the cuts, there's only one way they'd be flying those 170's. midwest would have to aquire them. i'm fairly certain midwest doesn't have the financial wherewithal to start picking up the tab for airplanes.

Sure they do, they're borrowing the money from you. a$$face.

A DC-9 overhead can hold my roller bag lengthwise. An ERJ-190 cannot.

DC-9 was designed as a plane that the RJ's fill today. All the DC-9 is, is an an RJ that pokes a bigger hole in the air and burns butt load more gas.

If the Republic pilots' union had any balls at all, they would stage some kind of work action against this.

Why? This is good news for RAH pilots. New upgrade opurtunities and that much quicker to 1000 turbine PIC and the majors when they hire again. ERJ 190 time will look great on a resume to a major. They will know that an ERJ190 pilot can fly mainline style equipment.

Like shooting fish in a bucket. :rolleyes:

I've ridden on one. It's a long RJ. More comfortable than Canadair's product, but still an RJ.

A DC-9 overhead can hold my roller bag lengthwise. An ERJ-190 cannot.

Only on the side with 3 seats, so it's half RJ?

Sure they do, they're borrowing the money from you. a$$face.

you obviously aren't aware of the going rate for one of those birds, let alone upwards of 12 of them. to humor you, since you're obviously a cretin of the lowest order, i'll give you a hint. it's more money than what we've given them to date or could give them in the near future.

Latest resources

Back