• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Many Midwest flights aren't Midwest at all

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I'm not even going to bother explaining for the thousandth time how the DOL and IRS calculate union compensation. Suffice it to say that those numbers are nothing close to what those individuals actually got on a pay check.

I'm not even going to bother explaining for the thousandth time how the DOL and IRS calculate union compensation. Suffice it to say that those numbers are nothing close to what those individuals actually got on a pay check.

You know, Tim Hoeksema says those same things......

Try me. I'm betting I understand IRS compensation regulations more than you think..........

Last edited:
You know, Tim Hoeksema says those same things......

Try me. I'm betting I understand IRS compensation regulations more than you think..........

Do a search. Rez and I have explained it over and over again. Or simply go do some research on DOL Labor-Management Reporting provisions.

Not even close?

Top 10 International ALPA Leaders & Staff (by Salary) Name Title Total Compensation
Duane Woerth President $ 550,729
Jalmer Johnson Geneal Manager $ 380,771
Jonatha Cohen Chief Counsel, D $ 370,957
Bruce York Director Represe $ 354,472
Spyrido Skiados Director, Commun $ 305,777
Kevin Barnhurst Director, Financ $ 297,681
Paul Hallisay Director Govern $ 293,753
Kenneth Cooper Asst Dir Represe $ 288,835
James Johnson Managing Attorne $ 285,249
William Roberts Asst Dir Represe $ 283,820

http://mrzine.monthlyreview.org/brenner020207.html

http://freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/1092605/posts

etc etc etc
Please do not use facts, it only baffles the mumbling droolers, who suck on the ALPO teet

I find it interesting that on the one hand the RAH pilots are bashed for failing to read in detail and consider the potential effect six years down the line of the contract they signed in 2003, yet on the other hand there is mention that the lawyers, not the pilots, are responsible for the lack of protections in the Midwest contract.

I find it interesting that on the one hand the RAH pilots are bashed for failing to read in detail and consider the potential effect six years down the line of the contract they signed in 2003, yet on the other hand there is mention that the lawyers, not the pilots, are responsible for the lack of protections in the Midwest contract.

there were protections built in, management is getting away with calling outsourcing a "code-share", when we all know it isn't one. an arbitrator ruled in favor of them.

Now I get it:

The Midwest guys listened to their lawyer(s) and ratified the contract that an arbitrator later interpreted to mean the "code share" is legal, costing them their jobs.

OTOH, the RAH pilots each failed as individuals to read each and every word in the TA prior to ratification and failed to recognize that six years later this might happen and an arbitrator would consider it to be legal. Then the rest of the industry says the RAH pilots are scabs because they don't get themselves fired for engaging in an illegal job action, even though the Midwest pilots didn't either.

Sounds reasonable to me.

Last edited:
Now I get it:

The Midwest guys listened to their lawyer(s) and ratified the contract that an arbitrator later interpreted to mean the "code share" is legal, costing them their jobs.

OTOH, the RAH pilots each failed as individuals to read each and every word in the TA prior to ratification and failed to recognize that six years later this might happen and an arbitrator would consider it to be legal. Then the rest of the industry says the RAH pilots are scabs because they don't get themselves fired for engaging in an illegal job action, even though the Midwest pilots didn't either.

Sounds reasonable to me.

Pick your pay rates/benefits/work rules up to ours (ie even the playing field) and we can discuss your hypothesis. Your cheap labor being outsourced (ie the third world phone centers), pure and simple. It appears you're content with that, you're entitled to that. Don't expect me to feel any sort of empathy for any of you.

Oh, no empathy requested. Just pointing out that it was mentioned that the lawyers failed to comb the Midwest contract for loopholes and not the fault of the pilots when management found a big one and exploited it, but it is the fault of the the RAH pilots because as individuals they failed to find the sister loophole in their contract that enabled the respective managements exploit the loophole in the Midwest contract.

Then it is put forth that since it was legal per the Midwest contract (the arbitrator said so), the Midwest guys have no choice but to take it because to do otherwise would constitute an illegal job action while, even though it is legal per the RAH pilot contract as well, the RAH pilots are vilified for not engaging in an illegal job action

I'm not defending any side here. I'm just pointing out what appears to be a bit of a double standard.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back