• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Many Midwest flights aren't Midwest at all

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
If the E-190 is not an RJ... then why can they get away with paying those pilot 30-50% less then our 99 seat 717. Answer me that jacka$$.

and when you strike, not one rw airplane will fly any of that struck work.

hahahahaha

what is the struck work? you already fly most of our routes. how are you going to differentiate?

If the E-190 is not an RJ... then why can they get away with paying those pilot 30-50% less then our 99 seat 717. Answer me that jacka$$.

well to be technical the payrates were based on 60 something seat DC-9's. they're 70 seat rates are pathetic.

As much as you Republic pilots say on FI that you don't want these 190's. I have a friend who's a captain on the 170 and flies the Midwest routes that I once flew with the 717 and his response to me about the 190's. "At least I have a job and you better get use to RJ's because they're the future" He also told me as much as Republic guys show their distaste for the a/c on here, the one's he flies with are proud to be getting it.

Last edited:
hahahahaha

what is the struck work? you already fly most of our routes. how are you going to differentiate?

i would hope that your mec is keeping a vigilant eye on what routes you're flying and are scheduled to fly so that differentiating won't be an issue.

why don't you have scope language in your contract to prevent all of this garbage? i guess that's the fault of pilots at republic as well.

As much as you Republic pilots say on FI that you don't want these 190's. I have a friend who's a captain on the 170 and flies the Midwest routes that I once flew with the 717 and his response to me about the 190's. "At least I have a job and you better get use to RJ's because they're the future" He also told me as much as Republic guys show their distaste for the a/c on here, the one's he flies with are proud to be getting it.

I'm not going to deny that there are those pilots who are happy and downright giddy about getting the 190's and flying them, these however are not the norm. You will find a group in any company that would be happy to fly the EMB-190 or CRJ 1000, it's not limited to Republic, it just happens to happen here first. It is true that I am happy to have a job, but why shouldn't I be. Why should I be pissed that I'm still employed? What I'm not happy about is that we are flying these large airframes. I am fully in favor of going back to Jetstreams, Saabs, and 1900's. Unfortunately, your friend is right. This is the wave of the future. I foresee a future where there are commuters, regionals, and mainline a.k.a. legacies, or overseas airlines. You can thank wonderful companies like Airtran, Jetblue, and Southwest for driving down prices domestically. This has forced Legacies to find money in the international segment while trying to maintain a domestic feed operation, que the regionals. I don't have to read the history to you all because we've all lived it and know it oh so well. Legacies are going to become nothing other than a Pan Am, an overseas airline. Which is good for those of you who pine for the old days of flying international I suppose.

Latest resources

Back