• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Managing a Stock Room

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Put your foot down when every crew comes up with a crack a$$ stock request. Make it as standard as possible and let the picky crews get their special mint milano cookies in a two serving tray. (unless of course you like them like me:) Also, interestingly i've found that most snacking and gum chewing goes on in the cockpit. Which is ok with me.
Big black marker to label each case with an expiration date reeeeallllyy helps when crews are in a hurry to stock the plane and get outta dodge after a flight. One owner drinks diet caffine free coke which expires frequently as does all diet soda. It supposedly tastes terrible when expired as do chips and candy so a little leaning on the crews to get the expired stock off the plane is important. Our boss threatens us and it seems to work.
We've got three aircraft and I still find myself going to costco two times a month because it's so hard to forcast needs.

spend lots of time getting to know your local grocery store clerk, liquor store owner and gas station attendant...you will allways be running out at the last minute getting the one thing you dont have from the most unlikely source

Hiding beer in the crisper is against "Man Law", I can't do that.

Really though, I appreciate the advice from everyone, thanks for your time.

"I hide mine in the crack of a turkey."

ps- diet soda does expire wicked fast; like 6 weeks from purchase.

Latest resources

Back