• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Management Pilots Fired at ASA?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The other week the airplane we we on had some oil (maybe 2 oz.) on the engine exhaust. I called Mx and they said its no big deal fine to fly...i said thats fine let me write it up and you can ops check ok it.....then they actually investigated it more and we swapped airplanes because it was a few hour job to change some of the carbon seals.

Yep that sounds about right, ops check good ok for service, could not duplicate on ground, the same sh!t different day. ASA will never change, the management continues to recruit yes men. They are short flight attendants, flight cancellations are coming, hey ED, SH, CT, ET, and of course BL, guess what, your wake up call is coming very soon, just ask KR and CV. Oh lets not forget the 20 year old chief pilot. ASA management will not negotiate a contract this year, for pilots, the flight attendants, or the dispatchers. I do not regret leaving ASA for one minute. ASA is the worst run regional out there. Bar None

Are you blind? You must be management.

So if you don't agree that ASA is the "worst run regional", you are management? I am currently an ALPA volunteer and I volunteered in the strike center this week. However I can think of a few regionals that are worse than ASA. How about Mesa and Transtates? Are we worse than those two?

So if you don't agree that ASA is the "worst run regional", you are management? I am currently an ALPA volunteer and I volunteered in the strike center this week. However I can think of a few regionals that are worse than ASA. How about Mesa and Transtates? Are we worse than those two?

Thank you. I'm not in management. I just think that there are worse places to be, and worse run regionals. Mesa is a good example. They treat their pilots like dog crap, undercut everyone on price by paying their employees peanuts, and they have a bad product as well.

ASA may have management issues, but I do not think that we are the worst. I think a lot of people lately are polarized by the negotiation process, and those that aren't at the extreme get called management.

For my situation, I would not want to be at any other regional. The base is perfect for my commute, I'm flying decent equipment with great co-workers, the upgrade time is rapidly decreasing, and I truly believe this place will grow tremendously once we get the contract settled.

Thank you. I'm not in management. I just think that there are worse places to be, and worse run regionals. Mesa is a good example. They treat their pilots like dog crap, undercut everyone on price by paying their employees peanuts, and they have a bad product as well.

ASA may have management issues, but I do not think that we are the worst. I think a lot of people lately are polarized by the negotiation process, and those that aren't at the extreme get called management.

For my situation, I would not want to be at any other regional. The base is perfect for my commute, I'm flying decent equipment with great co-workers, the upgrade time is rapidly decreasing, and I truly believe this place will grow tremendously once we get the contract settled.

I couldn't agree more. Finally someone that isn't total doom and gloom.

Guys, the SAT incident is why the training dept now does the NRFO II's. They mtc dept still tries to make them take aircraft that do not have decent engineering letter. It did not change anting.
Tom is still there. As of Friday he had his job and was not going anywhere.
Gary Hall is gone.
Other than that, I am sire that there is more to come.

Ok that is part of the problem you are more concerned about upgrading to the left seat than how you are being treated. Is scheduling fair to pilots, is management attempting to negotiate a contract?, do you honestly think that ASA is even descently run? All I can say is WOW if you do. Are the constant contract violations OK? Does management telling other members of the management team that " no contract will be completed this year with the pilots so there will be pay increases for the management team", is that OK? Is that well run? ASA has some great employee groups, so do not get me wrong, I was there for 8 years, so I know. But the management at ASA is terrible.

Latest resources

Back