Management Company

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

JJET44

My company wants to turn over the Flight Department to a management company. What are my options? We are based in the Northeast and are looking for a reputable company. I'm thinking EJM or JetSelect, or Eljay Aviation. We would be strictly part 91.

How about a 125 cert? We have world wide ops ect. Excellent aircraft management. We currently manage a private 767, 757, 727. We are looking at another 601 so you might fit in well. PM me

Last edited:
Talk to John Dow at FirstFlight. Stand up guy, understands the business, pitches in and flies if necessary, and easy to get along with. I don't work for them, but a nice smaller outfit with good people and can work with you if you're reasonable.

http://fflt.com/pages/main/Staff

New home for a CL601

I would recommend ExcelAire at ISP. They already operate a 601, and run a really excellent operation - including aircraft based away from their ISP home base. Contact David Rimmer there.

Does the company want the department personnel to be employees of the management company? Lots more to think about if so. Hands down EJM has the best benefit plan of any management company I've been affiliated with.
If it's just to "manage" the plane, well then interview a few and see what they will provide for their monthly fee. Lots of choices out there. Jet Aviation, Meridian, ExcelAire, Solairus are just a few.

Does the company want the department personnel to be employees of the management company? Lots more to think about if so. Hands down EJM has the best benefit plan of any management company I've been affiliated with.
If it's just to "manage" the plane, well then interview a few and see what they will provide for their monthly fee. Lots of choices out there. Jet Aviation, Meridian, ExcelAire, Solairus are just a few.

EJM is my front runner and if we go with anyone else, my recommendation is that the crew stay company employees.

Does anyone know what EJM pays their 601 crews or is this on a one-one basis?
This has not been discussed yet with my sales guy.

Any other info about EJM's bennies would be appreciated

It is my understanding that EJM only makes "recommendations" as to compensation when asked by the client. If you are presently employed by the company which owns the aircraft then I would say your keeping what you've got as far as salary goes. That does not mean that if you cannot inquire with EJM if you believe that your present compensation is subpar/below industry avg. I wouldn't expect much from EJM (they're not going to want to rock the boat with the company) but you never know unless you ask.
Is your sales guy Charlie? If so, pretty good guy although we took a pass on EJM due to their management pricing and I told him that would be a deal breaker for the boss.

Latest resources

Back