Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

993_Pilot

MIGS
How many of the FLOPS pilots have read Kenn Ricci's book, "Management by Trust" ? What did you think of it?

If that's the way Kenn is going to manage FLOPs, then Tyler will need to go for sure. As he is one manager the pilots will never trust.

If that's the way Kenn is going to manage FLOPs, then Tyler will need to go for sure. As he is one manager the pilots will never trust.
Ricci isn't the CEO/Manager, Sylvestro is. Mike will ultimately be the decision maker when it comes to what pilots get in a new contract.

I predict BT will be gone the day after we have a TA.

I am surprised that he is still here. I remember when He came to one of the meetings in Dallas during recurrent and just bad mouthed Ricci and the way he ran the company. Now he is now probably kissing his a$$ all day long.

I noticed that he's no longer listed on the company website under the "Leadership Team" link. I'm pretty sure he was under Scheeringa's tenure. Looks like the clock is ticking...:D

Several points

There are many great sounding management philosophies in Kenn's book, and in a perfect world their application at Floptions would be great. But we don't live in a perfect world. We work in a world where men like Micheal Sh!thed can be our next CEO overnight and all the happy management platitudes go out the door and we are left to survive under the abusive management practices of of a sh!thead like M. Sh!thead.

So regardless of what you think about Kenn and his book our only insurance against future abusive management is a contract. If Kenn truly believes in what is in his book he should have no problem agreeing with what we are asking for in a contract. What Kenn, Sh!thead and every other CEO you might ask about a union contract does not want give up and tries so hard to preserve, is the total and unilateral power they have over us with out a contract. Until Kenn, or Silvertro sign that contract we are as exposed as we were the day that Sh!thead took over.

As far as trust goes as its talked about in Kenn's book between management and employees, again its a great goal for both sides of the labor equation to work toward. But for this environment to come about at Floptions there will have to be a house cleaning in management starting at the PSM level and working up. Especially the large/mid cabin PM. Our pilot group will never "trust" these men no matter how many warm and fuzzy things that Kenn hands out to us. They have lied repeatedly to us, attacked us again and again, and encouraged out right illegal operations. Trust will have to start with a new group of managers that do not have the distasteful history of our current managers.

I am surprised that he is still here. I remember when He came to one of the meetings in Dallas during recurrent and just bad mouthed Ricci and the way he ran the company. Now he is now probably kissing his a$$ all day long.

I remember he compared Ricci to a used car salesman. I thought it was odd he had an opinion on Ricci considering he didn't even work here at that time. I think Ricci is well aware of what kind of person BT is.

Latest resources

Back