Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Man has had enough... strip search time.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Capt _zman you said "If I was standing there with my kids, I would have beat his ass."

Maybe you should grow-up. Being as your an example to your kids, beating someones ass would be just as bad exposing one self if not worse.

Bum

Makes you wonder when the public will say enough is enough like the guy in MIA (even though he "said" it in an odd way)? While passenger traffic is down it would be interesting to see how much of it is due to the hassles of going through security. I would think if people are avoiding the airlines because of this that the airlines would try to put some pressure on the government to be more selective in who they screen.
I speculate some of the higher level business travelers won't put up with this and will go charter instead. In the meantime, as long as law abiding citizens continue to put up with being treated like criminals from our government, and the airlines are OK with it, nothing probably will be done. The airlines and/or the government has suggested for frequent flyers to come up with some type of smart ID. This probably would include vitals like SSN, finger prints, etc. If that's the case, then the guy who dropped his pants is already ahead of the big brother game! :D
Peace and safety at any costs!

Last edited:
Strip search

Well, the more i continue to read this board and what is posted here, the more I think da glad that i have a pilots lic.

I once saw where a captian was searced , the sicurity girl ran her fingers through his hair and he had a flat top hair cut.

Well got to fly,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,:cool:

Myself I would rather take a train, or drive to most places, when I can't fly myself. I left at 4am for the North East I got in the area around 10pm. Taking into account traffic around the airports, arriving early for the flight, delays, and such. I arrived at the same time.

It cost me about the same I got to carry all my stuff, and didn't have to submit it to x-ray or other forms of screening. Tell me where's the convinence in flying when I can drive there just as fast?

The public is noticing and responding by flying less and less. Business people still need to fly to most locations, but ma and pa with here three kids can drive there cheapers and in many regional cases as fast.

I watched about a 30 minute deal on El-Al the other day (can't recall the channel maybe Discovery) and they make US airline security look like the imbeciles that they are. We would be wise to take a lesson from them and maybe for once just say, "Ya know were just dumber than a box of rocks, can you please assist us before we destroy ourselves with our misguided, ridiculous, moronic attempt to make everyone feel loved at our security checkpoints. Please beat us about the face without stopping until we understand. It is to simplistic for us to comprehend." How many folks will have to die before someone decides that powdering middle eastern men's fannies isn't the way to reach them? This guy in Miami has the right idea. People need to get mad and not just one. Enough people need to get mad about it that it actually changes something. If everyone just sits around like the milk sop politically correct cowards that they are then people will continue to die, baby powder stock will go up and up, middle eastern men will not get chaffed, the airlines will continue to suffer. When enough people die, they will fix it. It's amazing that seemingly everything in aviation is that way.

RT

Our government is willing to accept and in some cases needs a certain level of violence to continue its self-propagation. The perpetual myth that big government is the only way America will grow and it is the only way you and I will ever be safe again. If government finally admitted the hard truth, that it not only cannot protect individual citizens but has no desire to we would be a much better off society.

Once people begin to take responsibility for themselves and their own lives and stop depending on government for everything from a paycheck and healthcare to “security” we will be better for it. But with this responsibility must come a clear and unmistakable message from the people to the government, one that even the densest of career politicians can understand.

This joke we are becoming to be aware of, that government is attempting to pass off as security is nothing more than some polluted bureaucrats idea of political correctness gone mad, liberal oneness with multi-verse or some such pinko insanity.

The idea that our government will finally wake up if more deaths occur is a stretch at best, it will only elevate the howl from within the political parties for more government regulation and control over our lives and especially our industry now that everyone and everything firmly believes that we are now the enemy simply because in was a plane that was used on 9/11. My evidence to this is the way flight crews are now a special focus by the federal screeners, they seem to garner more than our fair share of attention.

If, God forbid another 9/11 style attack occurred, there would be a cry from the people and the media would point fingers at the screeners, the screeners would point fingers at the government and most likely at the passengers for making their job difficult the blame game would be on and in the end the government would conclude that more government was needed and it is not beyond imagination to see the government step in a “federalize” the airlines completely as a result.

We are one of a dying few if the only nation that has no national or state run airline.

If government had its way…

TMMT

How's this one...

Doing some personal travel on an AAirline, going through security I get the beep...

Pulled over and asked to take my shoes off. I'm not wearing any socks.

The wand is run over the bottom of my BARE FEET!

What were they looking for? Did they think I had a weapon surgically implanted into the bottom of my foot? That somehow I'd cut my foot open during flight to remove a weapon?

We have definitely lost any common sense in the process since 9/11.

two more cents... now we got a dollor!

Has anyone been through TSA security in a "small town" airport? I timed it, waiting in line, and they averaged about 3 minutes a person!

Commen sense has totally left the building. They also have county sheriff's (one) standing by in case it got crazy. More tax money hard a work.

while on the subject; matching luggage would take a lot of time, but considering anyone could leave god know's what in the checked bags, and leave. HELLO, wake up people.

The terrorist used to be the one to fear... Now its gov. stupidity and snow-jobs that scare me.

End of rant.

Latest resources

Back