Making fun of ERAU guys is fun!!!!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Bjammin said:
Who me? I didn't know the language police were out in force today. Flightinfo is the ONLY typing I ever do anymore. I've passed all the english courses in order to get a B.S. and now I just don't write much anymore. I'm sorry you think that it's just SO important to be a grammer god, but I just really don't care about being language perfect on this board with a bunch of fellow avaitors. Who REALLY cares?

Ya seriously...

Assuming no prior flight experience and no college, How much does it cost to get a degree and all the standard flight training up through CFII, MEI at ERAU?

Back in 88' through 92' it was $3000 a semester plus about 70/hour for the C-172 and PA-28 with IP. I think all told I spent about 50K and got 310hrs with 100hrs multi and all my ratings except ATP. Housing and food ticket included.

This info doesn't mean squat now.

Last edited:
timeoff said:
$168,280

http://www.erau.edu/pr/admissions/costs.html

This is just tuition, flight and room and board. Does not include summers, student fees and spending money for those four years.

I was there in the late 90's and it was around $4200 a semester.

Just as a reference, this is higher than Yale, Princeton, Cornell and Harvard.

I guess when they say "...Harvard of the skies..." they meant the price tag.

Tuition is on par with many private colleges, (~12k per semester)..but the flight costs are outrageous...and I think students are lucky to graduate with 200 real flight hours (but plenty of sim time!!)

timeoff said:
Just as a reference, this is higher than Yale, Princeton, Cornell and Harvard.

I guess when they say "...Harvard of the skies..." they meant the price tag.
I'm sure if you don't count flight its not....gotta compare apples to apples here.

Hey, I wonder if there are PFT type lawyer programs out there?

Most law firms like to see experience before they will hire! :)

gkrangers said:
I'm sure if you don't count flight its not....gotta compare apples to apples here.

True, but what good is an aero sci degree without ratings? In terms of gaining an employable skill set....Riddle has to be one of the most expensive institutions in the country.

It's like getting a degree in IT or CS and never getting any standard certifications along the way.

Latest resources

Back