Making fun of ERAU guys is fun!!!!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Metro752 said:
One is civillian and one is military. Do you call the gym teacher in high school drill sergeant? No, unless of course he was, then maybe.

Weakstick huh? You going barnstorming later?

Give me a break. Is "IP" solely a reserved acronym for military instructor pilots only? Something to make some of our craniums bigger than they already are? Whether this designation came from the fact that most of the higher ups at Riddle are former military or not, doesn't matter. Flight instructor, instructor pilot? Who gives a $hit? If it makes someone feel that much more important to be called an instructor pilot vs a flight instructor, they need to get a life. They both instruct in aircraft.

Last edited:
mauipilot said:
$100,000 If you get through all the ratings near minimums. These numbers are a year or 2 old.

It does not cost $100,000 for ratings at ERAU. What are you smoking? For the degree, yes, but for the flight training alone, I don't think so.

Rip Vanwinkle said:
I don't care where you went to school; if you think that there are any special awesome nerves-of-steel skills involved in flying a 152, you're a Riddle Ace to me.

If you've never encountered a person who "just didn't have it" and couldn't fly an airplane to save their lives, you haven't been a CFI for very long (if you are one). 152, 172, PA28, whatever. I've sat right seat with a few that couldn't even taxi. I spent an extra 30 minutes one day with one just taxiing around an uncontrolled field because he had near 20 hours and still couldn't keep the plane straight on the taxi way. His flying was even worse. Needless to say, after a few flights with my supervisor, I put him up for his phase check, knowing he was going to bust it, and sure enough, he did. Then he busted a second one and was kicked out of the course. So, when I see someone spending $12k just to solo, I also call "weak stick" or some other abnormalities in training to account for the high cost. Not Riddle's high prices. They're high, but not that rediculous.

TankerDriver said:
If you've never encountered a person who "just didn't have it" and couldn't fly an airplane to save their lives, you haven't been a CFI for very long (if you are one). 152, 172, PA28, whatever. I've sat right seat with a few that couldn't even taxi. I spent an extra 30 minutes one day with one just taxiing around an uncontrolled field because he had near 20 hours and still couldn't keep the plane straight on the taxi way. His flying was even worse. Needless to say, after a few flights with my supervisor, I put him up for his phase check, knowing he was going to bust it, and sure enough, he did. Then he busted a second one and was kicked out of the course. So, when I see someone spending $12k just to solo, I also call "weak stick" or some other abnormalities in training to account for the high cost. Not Riddle's high prices. They're high, but not that rediculous.

I would have to say if an instructor cannot teach a student how to TAXI an airplane, the blame falls on the instructor.

Slow the airplane down. There is no reason why anyone who can drive a car or basically bathe themselves cannot taxi a 152/172. Especially after 20 hours. Great instructors they have there at ERAU!

Remember, SALUTE YOUR IP!

Rip Vanwinkle said:
.........It's going to be your job too, Maverick. You'd have better luck getting girls and hot cars by trying to impress people with your 29th level druid/paladin/gnome. Which, I'm sure you're aware, is not a lot.

Have you considered the TSA? You get a shiney badge and I hear it's a short course.

Sorry, lvl 60 Paladin is the place to be.

Last edited:
TankerDriver said:
Give me a break. Is "IP" solely a reserved acronym for military instructor pilots only? Something to make some of our craniums bigger than they already are? Whether this designation came from the fact that most of the higher ups at Riddle are former military or not, doesn't matter. Flight instructor, instructor pilot? Who gives a $hit? If it makes someone feel that much more important to be called an instructor pilot vs a flight instructor, they need to get a life. They both instruct in aircraft.

Absolutely correct! Who gives a bowel movement! It's generaly used in the military, but not only used there. Most of the people that developed the programs were x-military, so I guess it stuck! Point is...why does this argument get 3 pages? Just one more thread to ignore....

That was 5 minutes and 41 seconds of my life that I can never get back. Very gay, and I am angry with myself that I watched the entire thing. I guess it was kind of like a train wreck you hate to see it but you can't bare to look away. Pure gayness just pure gayness.

Latest resources

Back