Making fun of ERAU guys is fun!!!!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Metro752 said:
Isn't it cute they call their instructors IPs.

SALUTE YOUR IP!
Why's that funny? I don't really see a difference between calling someone a "flight instructor" and an "instructor pilot." Why's the second one laughable to you?

And to gkrangers: I've known people who've spent $12,000 and haven't EVEN soloed. I think you're forgetting that correlation doesn't exactly imply causation. Your line of thinking:

-Roommate was an ERAU flight student
-Roommate spent $12,000 to solo
-That must mean that ERAU caused him to spend $12,000 before soloing.

That's not exactly fair. I soloed in minimum TCO hours at ERAU and didn't spend anywhere even remotely close to $12,000. I think your roommate was just a weakstick.

Oh, and I'm no ERAU fanboy. I'm a North-Aire trained CFI/CFII/MEI and gained a lot of great experience from them. I'm simply trying to defend against a rationale that isn't exactly fair to anyone.

Last edited:
Let me backpedal a bit here. The FA 132 course takes students halfway through private, including solo, but includes several more flights and an XC at the end. Private in total (FA132/133s) costs around 12G, which is still admitedly pretty high. But, students aren't here to get their PVT, they're here to get a degree and all of their ratings. We straight up tell people who are curious, if you just want one rating, ESPECIALLY private, go to the FBOs.

Last edited:
unreal said:
Why's that funny? I don't really see a difference between calling someone a "flight instructor" and an "instructor pilot." Why's the second one laughable to you?

That's what the military calls them.

I think your roommate was just a weakstick.

I don't care where you went to school; if you think that there are any special awesome nerves-of-steel skills involved in flying a 152, you're a Riddle Ace to me.

My job is to operate a transportation appliance. It's going to be your job too, Maverick. You'd have better luck getting girls and hot cars by trying to impress people with your 29th level druid/paladin/gnome. Which, I'm sure you're aware, is not a lot.

Have you considered the TSA? You get a shiney badge and I hear it's a short course.

Rip Vanwinkle said:
I don't care where you went to school; if you think that there are any special awesome nerves-of-steel skills involved in flying a 152, you're a Riddle Ace to me.

My job is to operate a transportation appliance. It's going to be your job too, Maverick. You'd have better luck getting girls and hot cars by trying to impress people with your 29th level druid/paladin/gnome. Which, I'm sure you're aware, is not a lot.

Have you considered the TSA? You get a shiney badge and I hear it's a short course.

What are you talking about? You took one sentence of mine and expanded it into three paragraphs. Sorry, someone who takes $12,000 probably has some serious holes in their flying. The rest of the words you just put into my mouth are simply ridiculous.

Step back, look objectively at what you wrote, and you'll agree.

unreal said:

One is civillian and one is military. Do you call the gym teacher in high school drill sergeant? No, unless of course he was, then maybe.

unreal said:
That's not exactly fair. I soloed in minimum TCO hours at ERAU and didn't spend anywhere even remotely close to $12,000. I think your roommate was just a weakstick.

Weakstick huh? You going barnstorming later?

Eh there is plenty of tools at Riddle and any other aviation university. Im probably going to their extended campus to finish my Bachelors so im not gonna bash it. They give me 36 credits for my ratings and its a better name than Utah Valley State so Ill take it. I was thinkin about getting a non aviation degree at a cheap state college but that would make me barely a sophhomore in whatever major I choose and I want to check the box quickly.

Metro752 said:
One is civillian and one is military. Do you call the gym teacher in high school drill sergeant? No, unless of course he was, then maybe.

Weakstick huh? You going barnstorming later?

Riddle's always had a link to the military, even though now we're all civilian training. I guess the "IP" thing never changed. Alot of the profs and admin are ex Air Force/Navy. Also, the university is going back to its military roots a little bit:

http://www.erau.edu/er/newsmedia/newsreleases/2002/airforce.html

Yes I know Embry Riddle started out military, and I know that Riddle has that contract with the USAFA. Shoot I was still in H.S. thinking about going to the USAFA when I first read about the Riddle planes.

Latest resources

Back