Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Majors wont be hurting/Regional on the other hand!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Not sure about anyone else, but Delta seems to be having most guys throw in the towel around 62 to 63. They could stay as captain and don't, what makes you think they will sit right seat in an RJ for less than their retirement pays a year?
Yea but if you like flying airplanes it would be a neat thing to do, a good friend of mine retired at 62 from DAL as a 74 CA, say it was not smart move, he really misses flying. He, like me, might jump on something like this.

I know it's all relative, but there already is a wealth of experience at the regional level. At our airline, it seems the average captain has 10-15 years in an RJ, the average F/O has maybe about 5 in an RJ (unscientific observation).

At any rate, it appears that management's goal is to have as little experience here as is feasibly possibly. And with airline managements against any rules change proposal, it will never happen.

The experience level of RJ pilots is not really comparable to that of someone with extensive experience in mainline jets. RJs are designed to be operated by the lowest common denominator pilot.

There's a difference between 2 legs a day in a relatively low stress environment, three times a month not flying internationally or 6 legs a day 18 days a month in the NE corridor in airplanes with relatively no automaton. Five to ten years of one gets and keeps you proficient. The other two find you getting rusty.

The experience level of RJ pilots is not really comparable to that of someone with extensive experience in mainline jets. RJs are designed to be operated by the lowest common denominator pilot.

I'm calling you out again. Attitudes like yours are making it impossible to get paid. 20 years in airplanes and 12k hours, with over 10k sectors; I know what I'm worth. Unfortunately, our peers don't feel the same about themselves. You should try some self esteem sometime. Vote No and let the chips fall.

RJs are just as automated, if not more than most mainline jets. I'd definitely agree that the stick and rudder skills of someone slogging it out in the northeast in a busted up dash 8 or beech 1900 would be top notch.

I'm calling you out again. Attitudes like yours are making it impossible to get paid. 20 years in airplanes and 12k hours, with over 10k sectors; I know what I'm worth. Unfortunately, our peers don't feel the same about themselves. You should try some self esteem sometime. Vote No and let the chips fall.

My self esteem is just fine. I have already decided long ago that I'm going to vote no on any POS TA laid out before me. I don't even give a ******************** anymore.

Plenty here who flew prop 'trash' for years. The RJ is regularly screwed up from lack of experience and academic misunderstandings. 98.5% of the guys and gals I fly with can't figure out basic concepts like how speed/alt/Mach relate to each other. If we were buying our own fuel, there wouldn't be any money with the energy mismanagement I witness. Without VNAV and autothrottle, I doubt that mainline guys would know/remember either. Get in the books, vote no.

RJs are just as automated, if not more than most mainline jets. I'd definitely agree that the stick and rudder skills of someone slogging it out in the northeast in a busted up dash 8 or beech 1900 would be top notch.

VNAV, auto-throttles, etc, on an Optimized descent arrival? ERJs have even less than the CRJ.

I'm not knocking TP pilots at all. I'm just saying that the lack of basic knowledge and experience of many RJ pilots is appalling. I just don't believe that someone with 300 hours placed into the right seat of a jet and then moved to the left seat when their number comes up is a very good system. I don't give a ******************** that that's how they do it in Europe or Asia. Look at the three idiots in SFO that slammed a perfectly good 777 into a sea wall on a CAVU day because they forgot to add thrust.

Latest resources

Back