Majors Pay Rates

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Hey General,

Well, the bottom line is that no matter where one works they need to do what is necessary to keep their company solvent. We are all faced with that situation sooner or later and most of us don't have as much control as you all do in the airlines.

Hard liners in bad economic times whether they are national or company wise, need to keep this in mind. We all want to have jobs to go to....particularly if it is one that we enjoy. For companies on the bubble whether it be by mismanagement or out of line pay for their workers the result can be the same.

My personal belief, living here in Atlanta, more commonly known as Delta land is that you have lots of fat on the management side...you know the good old boy network. But I also believe that the pilots need to be realistic. How much control you all have over the mismanagement is in question. I do know that stockholders in your company invest to make money. Management and other employees need to work together. There in lies the problem.

Good luck and fly safely always......I may be in the back!

Astra Guy,

I hope you are in the back with us, and I understand your points. We can't kill the "Golden Goose", but we don't want to be "taken" for a ride either. We have some good people working on this, and hopefully they can come up with a good deal for everyone involved. I am certainly not "ABOVE" giving pay back, expecially if it helps my total future, but not at the expense of our furloughed pilots or our soon to be retired guys. A straight paycut will help out Delta now, and we just want to give them what they need, not necessarily everything they WANT. We have hired people to look at exactly what they need to get better financing on that debt, and we are willing to HELP---with a little something in it for us too. Take care.

Bye Bye--General Lee;) :rolleyes:

Astra Guy said:

Taxes are part of the costs, just like for you and me when we figure out our disposable income.

I respecfully disagree.

Corporations pay their costs and then pay taxes on what is left.

Citizens like us pay taxes and then get to spend what is left.

Hurry, classes are filling up!

Hey Ben,

We may be splitting hairs here. There is EBITDA (Earnings Before Interest Taxes Deductibles and Accruals and there EAITDA meaning after taxes. This is what I was referring to as =to profit. I may not have expressed myself properly before leading to this confusion.

Bottom line is revenue-costs(including taxes)=profit.

Now that we have this straight my hope is that your company turns a profit and gives you whatever raise you feel is appropriate.

Singlecoil,

Didn't Alaska management ask you also for paycuts? I know you guys declined, but your negotiations are coming up quick and I can't see you guys getting anymore, and maybe getting a paycut. (We will settle on one too). Fun times for all of us.....

Bye Bye--General Lee:rolleyes:

Management did ask, and after several weeks of negotiations, we walked out. We said, "Thanks, but no thanks, see ya for openers in March of 2004 for the contract that expires in May of 2005." We have a binding arbitration clause, so if push comes to shove, an arbitrator will be the one that decides what industry standard pay is when the package finally hits his/her desk sometime in ....2006?
For the record, management never asked us for a pay cut. It was a "market based wage adjustment". I can just hear L.L. Cool J screaming, "DON'T CALL IT A PAYCUT...ITS BEEN COMIN' FO YEARS", but I digress.

Somehow I recall Leo didn't respond too well to the Delta pilots' request for a "market based wage adjustment". Didn't he say, "A contract's a contract,"?

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back