• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Major intentions for regionals

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Hey putz, I'm being sarcastic because you repeat the same thing over and over. We know, we get it Jenny. Unfortunately you allowed more larger RJs at Deltahh when everyone knew the 50 seaters are going bye bye, so looks like to me RA put one over on you, again. Thanks for holding the line putz.

Hey look, you actually added something. Thank you. Of course I disagree. One of the reasons the 50 seaters were "allowed" to be parked early (many had leases going through 2015 and beyond) was because a trade up to a limited number of 76 seaters was permitted by the manufactures. Management targeted 215 of the 50 seaters, and the union and management agreed to 70 replacements, but they were tied to 717s also coming. Obviously not all city pairs can sustain a 717, infact SWA cut 17 AirTran cities because they didn't think they could fill a 737 either. That is why 70/76 seaters and 125 50 seaters will remain to feed the hub and spoke system, but overall the inefficiency of the 50 seater was taken care of, plus mainline interests and growth(717s) was too.

I don't know what you think should have been negotiated? All RJs gone? Another flow up? DL buying ASA back and having an SLI? Please enlighten me on what you expected. SKW already owned you guys. I'd like to know.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Hey look, you actually added something. Thank you. Of course I disagree. One of the reasons the 50 seaters were "allowed" to be parked early (many had leases going through 2015 and beyond) was because a trade up to a limited number of 76 seaters was permitted by the manufactures. Management targeted 215 of the 50 seaters, and the union and management agreed to 70 replacements, but they were tied to 717s also coming. Obviously not all city pairs can sustain a 717, infact SWA cut 17 AirTran cities because they didn't think they could fill a 737 either. That is why 70/76 seaters and 125 50 seaters will remain to feed the hub and spoke system, but overall the inefficiency of the 50 seater was taken care of, plus mainline interests and growth(717s) was too.

I don't know what you think should have been negotiated? All RJs gone? Another flow up? DL buying ASA back and having an SLI? Please enlighten me on what you expected. SKW already owned you guys. I'd like to know.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Come on man, you gotta stop with this same song and dance. Enough with the copy and paste...

Come on man, you gotta stop with this same song and dance. Enough with the copy and paste...

It supported my view, that the 717s were a smart move. I can understand why you didn't appreciate it, but looks like others agree with my viewpoint. If you can post or paste articles supporting you making fun of them, then I'd be happy to see them. I don't think you'll find any. The article had other great points about the broken cost structure of the Regionals, and I posted the title and author's name so you could look it up if you or anyone else wanted to.

Bye Bye---General Lee

It supported my view, that the 717s were a smart move. I can understand why you didn't appreciate it, but looks like others agree with my viewpoint. If you can post or paste articles supporting you making fun of them, then I'd be happy to see them. I don't think you'll find any. The article had other great points about the broken cost structure of the Regionals, and I posted the title and author's name so you could look it up if you or anyone else wanted to.

Bye Bye---General Lee

You need to go look around and see how many times other users have made fun of the fact you regurgitate the same old stuff over and over. In case you need help

Delta is getting 88 717's
Legacies are going to be retiring thousands, get your application in
Delta is getting rid of 50 seat RJ's

There you have it. those three lines sum up just about every post you have made in 2014 thus far. Get it yet?

You need to go look around and see how many times other users have made fun of the fact you regurgitate the same old stuff over and over. In case you need help

Delta is getting 88 717's
Legacies are going to be retiring thousands, get your application in
Delta is getting rid of 50 seat RJ's

There you have it. those three lines sum up just about every post you have made in 2014 thus far. Get it yet?

Yes, and I hope people apply to the legacies and get away from shrinking Regionals. I want people to succeed.

Bye Bye---General Lee

He also needs to constantly say how the 717 deal was good for DALPA to rationalize the decision to out source more large RJ's.

You obviously don't understand what the plan was. Delta is replacing the 76/70 seater routes with 717s, and those 70/76 seaters are filling in for outgoing 50 seaters. It is a genius plan, and makes sense. 717s probably wouldn't do well going to Dothan or Valdosta, but a couple CR7s a day might be perfect.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Last edited:
Yes, and I hope people apply to the legacies and get away from shrinking Regionals. I want people to succeed.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Why are you, a non pilot, worried about what real pilots do with their careers?

Why are you, a non pilot, worried about what real pilots do with their careers?

And you know this how again on an anonymous board?? Yeah, I thought so. Riiiiight. Well alrighty then....

Bye Bye---General Lee

Latest resources

Back