Maine Aviation- Portland ME info?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Flyby1206

Anyone have info on pay/qol/scheds? Particularly interested in the hawker 1000 and 700 they operate out of PSM. Thanks

They've had a reputation as a dirtbag operator in the past, using barely qualified FO's, poor MX. Things may have changed but I won't put my owner on their aircraft until I see for myself. They have a very dusty 700 with parts missing in the Hangar next to the FBO...
Are you locked into flying up that way?

They've had a reputation as a dirtbag operator in the past, using barely qualified FO's, poor MX. Things may have changed but I won't put my owner on their aircraft until I see for myself. They have a very dusty 700 with parts missing in the Hangar next to the FBO...
Are you locked into flying up that way?

Thanks for the heads up, I have heard this in the past but thought they were trying to clean house and improve. Guess not! Im looking to find a gig in the NH/southern ME/northern MA area if possible. Any ideas?

Thanks for the heads up, I have heard this in the past but thought they were trying to clean house and improve. Guess not! Im looking to find a gig in the NH/southern ME/northern MA area if possible. Any ideas?

Geze, don't really know of much up there. Jet has an account in the Boston area and there WAS an 850XP out of BAF a couple years ago. Plenty of interviewing going on in the NY Metro area however.

They have a CL601 and lear 35 out of KBED I know that much...The ops at KBED are good from what I understand but the mgmt end of it sucks.

Maine Aviation, I learned to fly from that place.
The planes never killed me!!!!
As far as Portland, Maine is concerned. It's a great little city.
Very little crime
No traffc problems (a traffic jam is 10 cars)
not much to do at night
Great seafood
Here's a link to the Portland newspaper and the local news websites
www.wcsh6.com
www.wgme.com
www.wmtw.com
www.Pressherald.com

If you need any more info hollar at me

Check out Alpha Flying out of PSM and MHT
They are a fractional PC12 biz.

Check out Sentient Flight Group ... the have the assests of the old TAG and AMIJC. I saw a posting on NBAA where they showed PIC and SIC openings at BED.

Bob

My Former Director of Operations is running things out at Maine now. I heard he has cleaned things up and is turning things around from the old reputation they used to have.

Ol' Caruso ain't a bad guy. Always had a pleasant working relationship during our association. Pilots were allowed to say "no." Back in 2000-ish the jet guys worked pretty hard, don't know how things are now.

Latest resources

Back