• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Magenta Line July 23, 2009

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Being completely removed from 121, that was great. I always think of CO as the best run of the legacy bunch. That doesn't seem the case from the line (which has a certain slant), but best of luck to you all regardless.

It's taken decades but there is a rumbling, a genuine shift in behavior and tone. Some (not all unfortunately) CAL pilots are beginning to behave like unionists. Led by the EWR LEC and junior pilots company wide there is as they say "change coming".............

Thank you,
I am a ExpressJet guy. I really enjoy reading the Magenta Line when available. Have a great night and keep it up!
Thanks,

EWR FO

P.S. Anyway to get a hold of the FUPM bracelet?

Message to many of our pilots: A question was asked last week during our Special MEC Meeting about the number of credit hours waived during PBS monthly bidding. The answer: our pilots waive so many hours every month that, absent this ritual, Continental would not only have to recall every pilot, they would have to hire. Do I have to remind everyone that being in a union isn’t about the individual “me”—it’s about the collective “we”.

Your message is a good one. You have this IAH-based pilot's full support.

However, please clean house on your management wanna-be PBS committee.

The PBS guys are the ones who tell pilots to waive hours EVERY F***ING month to "get what they want". While getting what a pilot wants is GREAT for next month, waiving time - well... you just said it, Jayson.

Let the PBS committee go, replace them all and give the new ones a mandate to not tell pilots to waive time.

The committees work for (the line pilots first) you and the other reps. We have to control what we can, while we can.

Keep up the great work. I haven't seen an update from the Houston LEC in a looooooong time.

Sincerely,

B. Franklin

i wish the united mec/lec had as big of balls to write stuff like that-- i enjoy reading every update and i dont even work there-- keep it up and good luck

They do and they have. However, they tend to be in smaller bits and pieces because most of our pilots do not have the attention span to read something that long. In fact, #5 and #6, or similarly worded paragraphs, were projected on a large screen for everyone to see during the Federal case pursued against us. I'm very surprised they wrote that, considering how it was used against us in court.

Latest resources

Back