• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Magenta Line - 10/3/09 - Part 2

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Yeah, I DO have it bad here! I gave up a good paying job, moved my family to Houston only to have my job threatened the entire time I have worked here. I transferred to Houston, got bumped back to Newark (on RSV), and now back to IAH only to hear the furlough rumor...AGAIN! I took the RFL to save my or another employee's job figuring the pay would equate to NJ unemployment. If they furlough while I am based down here, I am FU(%#D! Texas unemployment payments will result in my family heading to the poorhouse. Yeah, it's great here. :angryfire If anyone needs a dose of reality, it's YOU!!!

I hope you don't need to find out but, your unemployment does not necessarily come from the state where you reside. In fact, you will get benefits from all the states where you have worked and since you payed NJ work force tax you will get the max benefit from NJ which is about $600/week. I don't think you'll need it though.

Fingers crossed!

I hope you don't need to find out but, your unemployment does not necessarily come from the state where you reside. In fact, you will get benefits from all the states where you have worked and since you payed NJ work force tax you will get the max benefit from NJ which is about $600/week. I don't think you'll need it though.

Fingers crossed!

Good to know! Thanks for the info. As far as the company is concerned, bring on the the fight! FUPM!!!!

Just had to choke down a mouthful of bile after rereading the mec message from Jay last week. The gist of it was "let's facilitate a UAL merger and then we'll have leverage for a better contract." When you stop representing the pilots (not that he was actually voted in or anything), it's time to step down.

Christ with rhetoric like his, he ought to be running for one of the CAL MEC rep positions. He can put in his 2 years "working" for us, and then segue right into a CAL management position. Seem to be the natural progression in the CAL ALPA Flying Club.

You guys are nuts... Why the heck would I want to be management when I can stay home and bid reserve.....

Management would be a huge paycut!

And no, I would not cross a picket line. I don't want to fly now as it is.

Yeah, I DO have it bad here! I gave up a good paying job, moved my family to Houston only to have my job threatened the entire time I have worked here. I transferred to Houston, got bumped back to Newark (on RSV), and now back to IAH only to hear the furlough rumor...AGAIN! I took the RFL to save my or another employee's job figuring the pay would equate to NJ unemployment. If they furlough while I am based down here, I am FU(%#D! Texas unemployment payments will result in my family heading to the poorhouse. Yeah, it's great here. :angryfire If anyone needs a dose of reality, it's YOU!!!

well, from my perspective it is great. I have not flown since Aug 27th...

Rumors of furloughs???? As of Oct 7, 2009 I have not heard of any (I am am hovering atte bottom of the list). Are these rumors new or just the same old company spewed garbage (aka Flight ops news letter)? Thanks.

Rumors of furloughs???? As of Oct 7, 2009 I have not heard of any (I am am hovering atte bottom of the list). Are these rumors new or just the same old company spewed garbage (aka Flight ops news letter)? Thanks.

The rumor I heard that by making Houston the junior base, they wouldn't have to comply with all the New Jersey requirements should they decide to pull the plug. I've also been hearing that ALPO might be going along with the ATA's proposal of a 13 hour duty day with up to 11 hours of flying depending upon the start of your duty day. How are we supposed to get IRO's both ways if this goes through? Some of the proposals sound like they would CUT staffing requirements. I recommend when the NPRM comes out, that everyone comment and write/call your congressional leaders. The ATA is lobbying hard and Chunky Pratard seems to be agreeing with them.

They use to fly that long before with a 3 man crew on the DC-10 and 747. what is the difference? I would rather have a max duty day of 13.

They still fly that with a 3 man crew at Continental on every fleet type. The difference is you get a chance to sleep in crew rest seat with a 3 man crew.

Latest resources

Back