• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Magenta Line - 10/3/09 - Part 2

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
They still fly that with a 3 man crew at Continental on every fleet type. The difference is you get a chance to sleep in crew rest seat with a 3 man crew.

Honestly, that 3 hour break does me no good. I would rather have nothing. I need my 8 hours. After 3 hours it takes me an hour to wake up and I am confused for awhile. That is the main reason I do not like the long flights.

When EWR based I actually liked the UK because of no rest breaks. The short nap really screws me up.

I would much rather fly 10 hours in an 11 hour duty day than fly 6 hours in a 14 hour duty time...

Just had to choke down a mouthful of bile after rereading the mec message from Jay last week. The gist of it was "let's facilitate a UAL merger and then we'll have leverage for a better contract." When you stop representing the pilots (not that he was actually voted in or anything), it's time to step down.

Name one thing that CA Pierce said in that message that wasn't "true."

And your "summary" is WAY over-simplified.

Sometimes I think guys really have a difficult time hearing things that they don't want to be true or make them admit that their idealistic, utopian, viewpoint is skewed.

Since the blastmail has been purged from my deleted files, and is not posted on the calalpa mec page yet, you'll have to wait for an itemization of the crap that was put out. In the meantime, please, how would your summary read?

He basically stated that we have no leverage for negotiations (false), it's not worth the effort right now (false), and that all will be better for us if we "facilitate" a merger with United first (false). I put that letter right up there with alpa's "since we can't fight age 60, let's just have some say in how it's implemented" position. At least that worked out great for our training department. Yep, it's a good thing we also saved the company from the impending bankruptcy with contract '02. It's awful nice of them to use that a starting point for negotiations as well.

You may have beaten down and find it less stressful to just eat what the company is feeding you, but some of us have too much time remaining to sit idly by. Especially when it's coming from our own "representatives"! I won't buy into the philosophy that "if rape is inevitable, just lay back and enjoy it." The rest of us will still fight for safety, pay, and quality of life improvements, and I am not willing to put that on hold waiting for a merger which may or may not happen anytime soon to magically produce an equitable contract, all the while falling further behind on inflation as the company (executives) reap the benefit of our inaction.

I think that blastmail will lead to Pierce returning to the line much sooner than he has planed. It was an extremely poor decision on his part to attempt to manage expectations. The thread on Calforums regarding this has had almost 10,000 views. I think we'll see movement on removing him soon.

Maybe I should end my protest and pay the $10 to join calforums. I'd be interested to read everyone else's take on the blastmail.

Maybe I should end my protest and pay the $10 to join calforums. I'd be interested to read everyone else's take on the blastmail.

It's up to $26 now, I think. So far, I haven't renewed my subscription. Might do so when we get a TA (IOW by the time I can hold IAH 777 CA)!

I've also been hearing that ALPO might be going along with the ATA's proposal of a 13 hour duty day with up to 11 hours of flying depending upon the start of your duty day.

If you mean ALPA instead of ALPO, then you heard wrong. ALPA submitted their own proposal, and it certainly doesn't include 11 hours of block time.

Latest resources

Back