• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Lynx To Cease Ops?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Wow, a current RAH pilot gives a dispassionate post saying he thinks BB screwed up, and the Q400 is a good plane and this is all you've got? You're a joke. Go back to telling yourself that the 230-plus jets you've got at COEX aren't stealing jobs that real CO pilots used to fly in 737s and DC9s. My friends furloughed from CO would disagree, strongly.

Pot, meet kettle.

Who do you fly the 170/190 for?

JetBlue. (Sorry, "Blue" as my current profile position may have been a bit too subtle....)

JetBlue. (Sorry, "Blue" as my current profile position may have been a bit too subtle....)

Do you really believe that the Q400 is not a good airplane, or are you being sarcastic? Just trying to clarify.

Sorry, I left a huge sentence fragment there. I think the Q400 is a great plane; I've ridden in the back and the actual J/S several times and its capabilities are impressive. It's comfortable, pretty darned fast, and burns about the same gas to haul 76 people as what I used to burn hauling 50.

My impression was the RAH guy was also defending the Q, and saying BB f-ed up. Whereas NERJ jumped in with his general blathering hatred of all peeps RAH. I too think BB is f-ing up; fuel prices will go up again, and a solid fleet of Qs would be a great asset for places where the E-Jet just doesn't make sense.

Sorry, I left a huge sentence fragment there. I think the Q400 is a great plane; I've ridden in the back and the actual J/S several times and its capabilities are impressive. It's comfortable, pretty darned fast, and burns about the same gas to haul 76 people as what I used to burn hauling 50.

My impression was the RAH guy was also defending the Q, and saying BB f-ed up. Whereas NERJ jumped in with his general blathering hatred of all peeps RAH. I too think BB is f-ing up; fuel prices will go up again, and a solid fleet of Qs would be a great asset for places where the E-Jet just doesn't make sense.

Ok, gotchya. Thanks, I was just confused.

I wish nothing but the best for Lynx pilots. Many of them former Mesa, Great Lakes and some Air Wisconson pilots. I hope you all get the chance to keep flying on the EMB170/190 jets; this is a VERY tough time right now to get another flying gig, and nobody wants to start at the bottom again.

So where will these Q's wind up? I'm guessing CAL or UAL and hopefully not at Colgan. I would much rather see them go to ExpressJet...

So where will these Q's wind up? I'm guessing CAL or UAL and hopefully not at Colgan. I would much rather see them go to ExpressJet...

US Airways is aquiring them for Piedmont Airlines! Wait, wait.... that would make too much sense so it ain't gonna happen.

Latest resources

Back