• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Lynx To Cease Ops?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
NO US president can prevent Capitalistic greed.

au contre mon frere, you must have missed the last year when Obama has been shoveling it to the people, claiming he is going to squash capitalism and the greedy bank CEO's....but then allow them to keep dishing out their multi million dollar bonuses.

Hate to tell you this, but if I believed these guys on FI.com and their claims of how powerful ALPA is, along with the power of Obama. I would start to think that Chuck Norris would be afraid of the two of them combined.

Somebody is fishing.

eP.

Yes he is. Just remind him that mainline pilots were too big for those pesky little regional jets who have now eatin their Wheaties, drinking their milk and now have grown into great big regional jets.

You mean to tell me flying planes that burn less fuel along with crewing them with pilots that don't make crap for money, just doesn't work??? LOL, wow... Guess payrates really don't mean anything at all. Good play and Q400's seem to work over at Horizon.

Maybe Farrow and Co will ask Dougy to look at some used Q400s for PDT?

BTW, Dougy was in Indy twice in January with BB. Makes me wonder what the next big announcement will be?

T8

In regards to jobs, the Lynx pilots will still end up on the RAH seniority list through the SLI process, due to be completed in May.

On the surface, I think the majority of us think that dropping Lynx will be damaging for the brand. The Lynx aircraft were good for most of the flying they did, and certainly right for the tight mountain airports. No jet will do the job as well as the Q400. Operationally, this feels wrong. It is apparent that Bedford has a very exact opinion of how the final brand will look, but unfortunately we only see it one piece at a time. Reducing the Midwest/Frontier brands to a single brand feels correct. Losing prop lift to high yield, operationally demanding airports feels wrong. Bedford has been pretty transparent about his disdain for props, though. He did not pursue the Continental Q400's despite requests and interest from CAL. He is dropping a successful prop operation. I guess we shouldn't be surprised, but it seems illogical. I would have thought that after acquiring an established Q certificate, BB would have tried to grow the fleet and take advantage of other Q400 business opportunities. This may be one of the more notable blunders of BB's recent efforts.

1. Oh they will be merged huh....right with the MEH guys. I am SURE you have your stapler out and loaded.

2. How can you speak for BB... Is he that close with his E170 pilots.

Tell you what dude. P!SS off.

1. Oh they will be merged huh....right with the MEH guys. I am SURE you have your stapler out and loaded.

Yup, they should be. They were signatories to the SLI agreement. Bedford doesn't decide. The signatories do, or an arbitrator does if they can't.

T8

Go back to middle school...

Wow, a current RAH pilot gives a dispassionate post saying he thinks BB screwed up, and the Q400 is a good plane and this is all you've got? You're a joke. Go back to telling yourself that the 230-plus jets you've got at COEX aren't stealing jobs that real CO pilots used to fly in 737s and DC9s. My friends furloughed from CO would disagree, strongly.

Pot, meet kettle.

Latest resources

Back