• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Lynx Q400's

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
If you look at the RAH CBA you will see that they have to meet and negotiate new prop rates. Once that is done, the rate will be retroactive to the start of the flying. Until then there will be an "intro" pay rate, if you will, and i would imagine it the same as the Lynx rates were....
An "intro" rate????????? This sounds like more of the " we're just doing our job" whine. YGTBSM!!!!!!!! What kind of toothless union do you have?

If you look at the RAH CBA you will see that they have to meet and negotiate new prop rates. Once that is done, the rate will be retroactive to the start of the flying. Until then there will be an "intro" pay rate, if you will, and i would imagine it the same as the Lynx rates were....

Maybe you should read Article 22 in your contract. Here is part of it for you.

6. Nothing set forth in this Article shall prevent the Company from introducing
a new aircraft type into revenue service before agreement is reached over
the rates applicable to that aircraft, as long as the pay rates assigned to
such aircraft type are not less than the rates provided by this Article or the principal Agreement for aircraft with similar power plant (turboprop or jet) and seat range that either includes the number of seats in the new aircraft type or has a seat range not greater than the number seats in the disputed aircraft. If the aircraft is smaller (less seats) than any other aircraft for which pay scales have been established by this Agreement then, subject to the provisions of this article, the Company will establish a rate for the new aircraft until a negotiated rate has been agreed to by the parties. The negotiated rate will be retroactive to the implementation of the new aircraft type.

Maybe you should read Article 22 in your contract. Here is part of it for you.

6. Nothing set forth in this Article shall prevent the Company from introducing
a new aircraft type into revenue service before agreement is reached over
the rates applicable to that aircraft, as long as the pay rates assigned to
such aircraft type are not less than the rates provided by this Article or the principal Agreement for aircraft with similar power plant (turboprop or jet) and seat range that either includes the number of seats in the new aircraft type or has a seat range not greater than the number seats in the disputed aircraft. If the aircraft is smaller (less seats) than any other aircraft for which pay scales have been established by this Agreement then, subject to the provisions of this article, the Company will establish a rate for the new aircraft until a negotiated rate has been agreed to by the parties. The negotiated rate will be retroactive to the implementation of the new aircraft type.

What he said. Read the CBA.. it is available in the downloads section of airlinepilotcentral.com. Crystal clear that a new aircraft must be paid at the seat specific rates already laid out. Anything less is a violation of the CBA.

cale

RAH today announced official intentions to put the Q's on the Republic certificate, fence the flying, pay it at a B-scale rate, impose their work rules on it.... oh and even though we will be Republic pilots with Republic seniority numbers we won't be represented by the IBT.

cale

Once the SLI is complete they will not have a choice. I know it's hard Cale but legally you aren't ENTITLED to representation until you are "officially" RAH employed.

Your pay will be retro. They come out ahead because they got the time value of money out of you.

Bastards.
Gup

No your missing my point Gup. I will be an RAH pilot the day that the Q's transfer to the Republic certificate and the Lynx certificate ceases to exist? Right? I don't know how I can be more officially employed. I will get a Republic employee number and a Republic seniority number. And they are saying at this point we still won't be represented by IBT.

Once the SLI is complete they will not have a choice. I know it's hard Cale but legally you aren't ENTITLED to representation until you are "officially" RAH employed.

Your pay will be retro. They come out ahead because they got the time value of money out of you.

Bastards.
Gup

This is another prefect example of the IBT choosing when, where, and whom they want to represent, depending on the IBT's own needs. The IBT doesn't care about the individual pilots they "represent", only what the pilot groups can provide to the IBT. It is an incredibly ironic and hypocritical modus operandi for a labor organization, of all things.

The IBT could very easily file a dispute of representation over the lynx pilot group and the lynx pilot group would become IBT members without an election due to the fact that the size of the two pilot groups are not comparable.

This is what the IBT initially did with the Midwest flight attendants. However, the IBT eventually completely changed their argument and later claimed that the Midwest transaction was not a covered transaction and the IBT attempted to leave the Midwest flight attendants out on the street. One day that want to represent you, the next day they don't.

We see a similar strategy here. The Lynx pilots were active on the date of constructive notice, while RAH had pilots still on furlough. Historically speaking, the furloughed pilots have not fared very well in SLI's. If the IBT petitioned to represent the lynx pilots, and the lynx pilots ended up in front of some RAH pilots that were furloughed on the constructive notice date, the IBT would have some problems. Problems are expensive, and the IBT doesn't like to spend money on pilot problems. If the lynx pilots are on their own until the SLI aribitration

The representation dispute filing does not suit the IBT's needs today. However, mark my words, you will definitely see the filing by the IBT in November, when it helps them and only them.

Just to be clear, I am not throwing stones at the IBT pilot membership. This is a specific rant at the IBT as an "organization". They talk out of all sides of their mouth, picking and choosing their battles irregardless of the effects on the pilots they are supposed to be representing.

What's the story with the airplanes? I've seen a couple parked over in GTF, looks like the paint is being stripped off one of the tails, the other is all boarded up ready for winter. Are they decommissioning aircraft out of the system?

There are several more in Louisville, Ky.

Boy all I can say is that I'm sorry you are going through this. Your "new" union is not treating you like family and that is wrong. I don't care if there are 1 or 1000 of you the same rules should apply.

Tell them to grow a pair and defend the membership.

Gup

We are quickly crossing the line from not treating us like family to dereliction of duty.

In answer to the questions about the airplanes, they are in various stages of being prepared for sale, lease return, or continued line use depending on which one. Long term storage is SDF, engine changes get done in COS and GTF, obviously line planes are in DEN. At any given time you will see a variety of aircraft in all 4 locations.

cale

Latest resources

Back