• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Lynx Payscale...are you kidding me?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
This kind of ******************** is what brings down the whole industry.

This kind of ******************** is what brings down the whole industry.

Its gonna be tuff to sell this place, everyone is hiring that has good working contracts and many of them have much better pay with work rulesz.

Last edited:
Its gonna be tuff to sell this place, everyone is hiring that has good working contracts and many of them have much better pay with work rulesz.

Ah, but not many places have the mighty Q400. The academy kids are wetting themselves to fly that beast. After all, what's the next best thing to flying a shiny jet? Why, flying a grimy near-jet, of course.

that's what happens when a LCC starts a regional. Everyone at frontier's paid less, so why wouldn't their regional affiliate too?

That rate's plain embarassing. It's 70 seats right? ******************** even Mesa's $7 more an hour.

Bad enough that they have to say the "not straight" word "Shasta" 40 times a day.

Everyone at frontier's paid less, so why wouldn't their regional affiliate too?

Incorrect. A 12 yr Frontier Captain has a higher hourly rate on similar equipment than UA, DL, US, CO, JB and NW. Only AA and WN see a better rate. Check your facts.

Well, with the lovely age 65 thing upon us, I was looking more at F/O rates, but you're right....I looked at AA and saw it was higher, so I failed to look further.

at least you agree that $50 and hour is pathetic?

That rate's plain embarassing. It's 70 seats right? ******************** even Mesa's $7 more an hour.

Your logic is severely flawed.

Trust me, if Mesa had Q400's their pay would not differ from their current DHC8 pay scale. They would not pay CR7 rates.

Even at Horizon, within the same company, CR7 (70 seats) pilots make $6/hr more than Q4 (74 seats) pilots.

'Cuz, you have to be a better pilot to fly a jet... right? (sarcasm for you half-wits)

EMB-135/140 (37,44 pax) industry average pay is much better than for DHC8-200/300, SAAB, EMB 120 (similar number of seats).

Sadly, Lynx has the second highest FO starting pay in DEN with Republic in lead and Skywest, Mesa, and GLA in trail.

With all that said, Lynx pay/benefits should be much better. I agree with you on that point.

Name a successful startup that paid industry average, let alone industry leading rates.

Hint, not SWA, Frontier, or JB.

Give 'em time...

Last edited:
Your logic is severely flawed.

Trust me, if Mesa had Q400's their pay would not differ from their current DHC8 pay scale. They would not pay CR7 rates.

Even at Horizon, within the same company, CR7 (70 seats) pilots make $6/hr more than Q4 (74 seats) pilots.

'Cuz, you have to be a better pilot to fly a jet... right? (sarcasm for you half-wits)

With all that said, Lynx pay/benefits should be much better. I agree with you on that point.

Give 'em time...

You're right about Mesa. However, their DHC-8 pay already tops Lynx's Q400 pay. Pretty sad.

I don't think its a "jet vs t-prop" thing; for completely ARBITRARY reasons (IMHO), the bar is set at "number of passengers". They have 70 seats, they should get more than something with 36 seats, so the "logic" goes.

Give them time . . . don't count on it. Pending a full bore strike, no management team just gives "More" when "less" will do. 1/2 of the pilots there will already feel company friendly due to the quick upgrade. The other half just want the same thing.

It is what it is; another place to build up time then get out ASAP. Not my cup of tea at this point, but anyone who goes there with visions of "the pay will come, the pay will come" is kidding themselves.

Latest resources

Back