• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Lynx CA Pay

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Anybody looking into this Lynx thing should be very careful. There dosen't seem to be any solid info on the whole pilot deal. Im based in Denver and have heard nothing but negative comments about Lynx from Frontier pilots on the employee shuttle. How quickly they parted ways with Horizon is a red flag to me as well. Also, if you are not interested in dealing with the growing pains of a start up airline this would be a nightmare. I have many buddies on the Q-400 at Horizon and they all say the airplane is an absolute maintenance queen. Anyway, Ill let some other souls jump into the water.....ill slide in when the temperature is right.

Rumor has it that Lynx management (frontier) is going to hire mostly Dash 8 Capt.s due to the fact that they only need differences training for Q-400 qualification. Thus, saving the company tons of money on street capt. training.

I'm wondering where they're going to find DH8 captains with significant time in type to work for $50/hr. I can see some of our (QX) Q400 FOs making the jump for that payrate but our most junior DH8 CAs earn $59/hr. The junior Piedmont/Island Air guys make around $50. Even the junior DH8 CA at Mesa makes $43/hr. Will hordes ditch their seniority to make $7/hr more at a startup?

Hmm. Actually, given that it's Mesa, that's a distinct possiblity.

I was thinking that same thing. I would imagine that guys with 4000+ TT are looking for something more than $50 an hour.

Will Lynx have any sort of flow-through to Frontier? If so, that might attract some pilots who see Lynx as an "in" to F9, despite the pay.

I'm wondering where they're going to find DH8 captains with significant time in type to work for $50/hr. I can see some of our (QX) Q400 FOs making the jump for that payrate but our most junior DH8 CAs earn $59/hr. The junior Piedmont/Island Air guys make around $50. Even the junior DH8 CA at Mesa makes $43/hr. Will hordes ditch their seniority to make $7/hr more at a startup?

Doesn'y Mesa havea DHC-8 base in DEN? I think thats your answer right there. not sure how much would actuly be saved by hiring -100 pilots, but I'm sure they'll have no trouble filling the F/O ranks with that pay. I do find it hard to believe they could compeltely fill the CA ranks with guys that have PIC in type, though. $50 just isn't a ship jumping number unless you work @ mesa.

If I was still at mesa, I'd jump all over this...it couldn't possibly be any worse...

Latest resources

Back